Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PO1 - Portsmouth

Bozza35
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Post Title: po1 3nj

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Yes, my place of work

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.- see above

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

phone shows emergency only

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

all

6) When did you first notice this issue?

2nd May

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? - Permenant at my workplace

26 REPLIES 26

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bozza35 - I’m sorry to hear it’s still on going.

I’ve replied to your latest email.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Bozza35 Our Network engineers have adjusted the tilt of one of the cells on a nearby mast to try and rectify your issue. 

Please let us know if you've seen any improvement since 12 September 2017. 

ot seen any improvement, still little or no signal!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Bozza35 Thanks for getting back to me 🙂

I'm sorry to see this change hasn't rectified your issue. 

Our Network engineer has asked if you could provide us with an exact location of where you're located in the naval base. You're able to pinpoint this on Google Maps

If you don't want to post this publicly, please send the screenshot in a reply to the last email you've received from us. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Bozza35 Your INC3099927 has now been set as closed. 

We've had members of our Network engineers visit the location to further look into the coverage. Their feedback reported that coverage was low due to the high density of buildings and the material these buildings are made from, as well as other objects in the general area making it very cluttered. 

After this visit, our team have made a final uptilt on your serving site to try and improve the coverage to your location. 

They've requested if you could please let us know if this change has improved things for you?

Due to the feedback our Network engineers have provided after their visit and the many changes which have been made to the serving site throughout this investigation, unfortunately there's nothing more we'd be able to do if the coverage is still low.

Well nothing they have done so far has made any difference, and to be honest the response while disappointing is not a surprise. I will say this, the O2 mobile i have seems to be relatively uneffected by all these buildings, as the engineers know ( they have been contacting me on thhis number as they cannot ring my Vodafone numbers).

So am i to believe that because i work in an area that has brick built buildings i can expect my phone to work? It doesnt seem to be an issue in the centre of London which has a far more dense population with many many more buildings made of all kinds of different materials!!

What a cop out, honestly you will need to do better than that!!!

Vodafone you are make a complete joke of yourselves!!!

So i guess you now expect me to continue to keep paying £60 a month for 2 mobile phones that i can only use for 50% of the time?? I can assure you i wont be!!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Bozza35 You might find that other providers are better in your exact location. The main reason for this will be due to the location of the mast - we've made many changes to try and rectify your issue, however we're unable to move the physical location of the site. 

Our Network engineers have said that your building type will be affecting your coverage whilst in the office. 

As per your example, the centre of London will have more serving sites and therefore the coverage will be unaffected compared to your current situation. 

Alex,

You are missing the point completely, i am now stuck for a further 18months with 2 phone contracts that for a large portion of the day i cannot use, and yet i am still expected to pay for the priveledge!! How is that right??

And more to the point, why should i continue to do this when there are other service providers that can provide me a service??

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Bozza35 I understand your point and can appreciate the situation you're currently in. 

We do offer The Vodafone Network Satisfaction Guarantee which allows customers to trial our network for 30 days, with no strings attached. 

The only other option I can think of in this situation, would be our Sure Signal device. However, with this being a work location, I don't know how possible this solution would be for yourself. 

Alex, How does that help, as i am already 7/8 months into my contract, I am told the network Guarantee doesnt apply to my work address as i never had it checked before i signed my contract with you. (16 years ago) so by default you only guarantee signal at a home address, a very sharp practice as far as im concerned.

I do have a line i may be able to plug a sure signal into, but i cant tell if that will help or work without the unit.

And frankly im not sure anybody really appreciates my position unless you are paying a supply for nothing 3/4 of your waking hours then you cannot possibly understand.

My next port of call will be Ofcom.