Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Phone constantly "searching" for network

JamesW31
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Post Title: HG2 - Harrogate

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? The issue happens in all locations. It does not regain service.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? HG2 0HG

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? I do not have another phone to try my SIM card in.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? There's no internet connection until I am at home and connected to wi-fi. My texts also don't come through until I return home. My battery drains fast.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All

6) When did you first notice this issue? Two days ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

On looking at your postcode in the Vodafone Network Checker there are no issues being reported for local or surrounding masts @JamesW31

I note you say this is happening in all locations which most probably points to a sim card issue or phone issue. 

Can you use a friends, work colleagues , family member or neighbours phone that will accept a Vodafone SIM in to test your sim and they could try their sim in your phone if on Vodafone. Ask neighbours if they are on Vodafone and if they are having issues. 

A Vodafone High street Store in sure would be able to test your sim in one of their In House phones. They can also replace your sim card via a SIM Swap if warranted. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply @BandOfBrothers. I will try your suggestions out and see how I get. on.

This is not the first time this has happened to me. I have tried a number of things including, turning my phone off and on again, resetting my network settings, connecting to iTunes to sync it and see if there are any carrier updates and checking everything is up-to-date with the OS etc and the problem still persists. 

BandOfBrothers

You are very Welcome @JamesW31

Would You please update your thread once you know more. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @JamesW31

I notice you had the same problem beginning of April this year and were sent a PM to invite you to have your account checked by the Team.

As there are no issues in your area and you are having a problem in all areas, it might be worth you contacting Vodafone by using live chat or calling the contact us number from any other phone. They will be able to check you account to make sure there is no restiction at account level.  The number is 0333 304 0191.

Alternatively, if you still have the PM from April, reply to it again following the link in the message with your account information for the Team to pick up your emailed reply and get back to you but will be quicker using live chat or calling.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JamesW31 We'll be happy to check you account on our end 🙂

So we're able to access this and assist, please contact us using the link in the private message I've sent. 

Thanks Alex. I have now been able to sort the problem out and put it down my handset being faulty, as I tried my SIM in another phone and it worked fine. Thanks for your help though.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @JamesW31.

We'll be happy to take a closer look at your phone for you in your nearest store, where our advisers can assess it.

I have now been able to sort the problem out and put it down my handset being faulty, as I tried my SIM in another phone and it worked fine. Thanks for your help though.