main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

Phone signal dropping out

Highlighted
5: Helper

I got a Galaxy S10 a ##~## and sometimes not and have to redial. I never had this with my previous phone, a Blackberry Priv. I am using the same SIM as in the BB.

Bob

View more options
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone?

This could also be mast congestion or mast issues @Robert_Isaac 

With the ongoing pandemic more people are using the network and Vodafone are increasing capacity. 

Mast Checker and Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks. The SIM card came from my previous phone and there was never such an issue. This only started with the change to the S10. My daughter 180 miles away also has this problem after changing to the S10.

Congestion had crossed my mind but the map shows a reasonable signal indoors.

Bob

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

No worries @Robert_Isaac 

Can you perhaps try another Vodafone sim card in your Samsung phone  ?

I've spoken to a few s20 owners on other forums and most seem ok with calls etc.

Usually I would say can you use a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre but due to Covid-19 they are closed.

So are Vodafone Highstreet Stores so they cannot send it off for you.

You could ask Samsung via the Samsung Members App to see if they can help.

Until then can you use your other phone ?

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks. I can wait. It does not always happen so can live it with for now. I'll get another SIM when the shops open and see how that goes. It just seems strange both my daughter and I get this and we got the phones within a week of each other.

Bob

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

It may also be worth making sure:

• VoLTE is enabled in the "Mobile Networks" menu.

You may want to consider downloading an app called "4G LTE Switcher (no ads)" and setting up the menu to 4G Only.

This will connect you to the best signal version for coverage and speed.

View more options
Highlighted

I put the sim back in the BlackBerry and still get the loss of signal. On the S10 I only have 1 bar in the signal strength.

I can't find VoLTE on my phone. I d/l the app and it stated it was for an earlier version Android. It does not appear to work as I cannot force a 4G connection.

Bob

View more options
Highlighted

Hmm.

Please dial *#0011# into your phone dialer on the S10, while on 4G / 4G+. This will bring up field test mode. Send a screenshot of that on this forum, I will be able to look at the bandwidth information and diagnose for faults and capacity issues on the mast. :Smiley_face_with_shades:

View more options
Highlighted

This is with 4G/3G/2G (Auto connect) selected and this is from Stack 1

Highlighted

Please can you upload the statistics with WiFi off, and mobile data on?

That way I can see if there is any carrier aggregation (4G+) active on the site.

View more options
Highlighted

Attached.

Highlighted

There are no issues on the site, but it looks like it is a greenfield rural site (or a city microcell) and needs a capacity boost. Eventually, Vodafone will add a B1 / B7 layer to the existing B20 for extra capacity.

If you give a rough area name, I can look into this more thoroughly.

View more options
Highlighted

My post code is UB8 3TA. I was outide a while ago and had a phone call without losing the signal. If I set the phone to only 3G I get an extra two bars.

Bob

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply. Vodafone has multiple cell towers in your area, and while your phone is switching between them, it is dropping calls.

I can advise to make sure VoLTE is switched on in Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks, as shown in the screenshot I've attached.

This feature is not avaliable on Pay-as-you-go.

I would also advise that in your area, EE is the best overall network, for when you next move network.

I have attached an image of the best networks.

Thank you.

Highlighted

Thanks.

"I can advise to make sure VoLTE is switched on in Settings -> Connections -> Mobile Networks, as shown in the screenshot I've attached."

No screenshot. I cannot find this setting on my pay-monthly phone.

View more options
Highlighted

Attached.

View more options
Highlighted

I don't have that.

View more options
Highlighted

You need to contact Vodafone. Quote "Enable Voice over 4G".

That is most likely the reason your calls are dropping.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks

View more options
Highlighted

The calls will be dropping because it is switching to 3G / 2G whenever you make a call.

I hope that has resolved the issues with your S10 on Vodafone. :Fingers_Crossed:

View more options