main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Pixel 2 XL and Voice Calls.

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I keep getting a reoccurring issue when I use my phone for calling. I know the Pixel range of phones are not supported by 4G calling on Vodafone, but when I initiate a call and it reverts to 3G, the symbol is greyed out and I can’t be heard? If I persist it sometimes reverts to 2G and works, then changes to 3G which then works!

is there a setting I can change on the phone to help this, or is it a network issue?

Both coverage levels are indoor and outdoor for my area.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4

View more options

We can help with getting to the bottom of this for you @Airwaves and find out what may be affecting your calls.

Do you have this experience in one location or can this happen in multiple places? If it's in one particular location, please reply back with the affected postcode (you can add this to your Community profile if you'd prefer for only our team to see it!).

If it's everywhere that you go, does selecting 3G only in your phone's settings help to avoid this? To select this mode, please go to your settings then:

- 'Network & Internet'

- Select 'Mobile network'

- Then press 'Advanced' and 'Preferred network type'

- Tap '3G' and press the Home key to return to your home screen

View more options

Hi, thanks for the reply. It's only in my house or around it. My postcode is ME16 0DG. 

View more options

Thanks for confirming your postcode @Airwaves 🙂 We're currently unaware of any unexpected network issues in this area at the moment, which could be causing disruption to your services! So we can investigate into this further, please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread.

If you're still experiencing the issue after completing these steps, post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

View more options