main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

Poor 4G signal at home

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I been with Vodafone for several years and I noticed the 4G signal strength in my previous house and current house (central Reading) is really poor and never planning to improve at all. Would it be a strategy to make us buy sure signal at an extra cost by not providing signal with our monthly contracts? I am planning to pay remaining of the contract and move to O2 or EE both has excellent signal

strength everywhere. Before I do that, might check with Ofcom what they might have to say!

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

You won't be able to buy a Sure Signal through Vodafone @sanjeevg , Vodafone discontinued the device due to it being outdated technology and now recommend WiFi calling as an alternative, at least then you wouldn't be dependent on a mobile phone signal at your new house.  The information is here: WiFi Calling 

Having mentioned that it would be an idea to give the Team on the forum an example of the issue, they will then be able to check the surrounding masts in the area and make sure there is not a network issue. 

Follow this link: Network Issues  for the pro forma to copy and paste the results back on the thread.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Thank you. Have been using Wi-Fi calling for a while, I still have calling issues while at home. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @sanjeevg Keeping you connected is our top priority, and I completely understand that slow 4G speeds must be frustrating! Have you checked out our network checker here to see if there are any known issues in your area? Do you notice these speed drops at specific times of day or consistently?

View more options