Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor Coverage - Alexandria G83

Rossk12345
2: Seeker

Post Title: G83 9QL- Alexandria

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

The Coverage is very poor at my house, it is has been like this for some time.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here.

G83 9QL

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Poor Voice Quality and call often drops inside house

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

Signal is very poor and drops to 2G then cuts out.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

This has been happening for some time now.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

The Network Checker isn't showing any reported issues for your local and surrounding masts. 

Sometimes turning off 3g/4g to force 2g helps to stabilise calls but I can see from your post that isn't helping. 

This could be mast congestion. 

Have you considered the sure signal device or if on an eligible tariff and phone Vodafone Calling over WiFi?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rossk12345 I've checked your postcode and can see that you're on the fringe of coverage, therefore may experience intermittent service. 

3G and 4G services are also extremely patchy/ non existent. You'll be able to see any future upgrades to the coverage within your area via our Network status checker

You'll benefit from either Wi-Fi Calling or a Vodafone Sure Signal to help with your indoor coverage. 

Rossk12345
I've tried setting it to 2G only whilst in the house but things don't get any better, I can see the mast from my house window! Surely I should be able to get signal?

BandOfBrothers

Weirdly enough I have in the past come across that a phone may not always seek out to connect to the very nearest mast. 

Current Phone  >

Rossk12345
@rahim I've had a look at the Vodafone coverage checker and it suggests that I should have great 3G coverage inside and outside at my location, so that should be significant to make a call right? When I can see the site from my window is expect coverage throughout my house at least. Can you not all the network team to investigate further?

Rossk12345
@bandofbrothers I think there is only two sites in my area. I'd definitely expect better coverage, especially when the Vodafone coverage checker suggests it. I don't even live in a rural area.

BandOfBrothers

@Rossk12345 wrote:
@BandOfBrothers I think there is only two sites in my area. I'd definitely expect better coverage, especially when the Vodafone coverage checker suggests it. I don't even live in a rural area.

@Rossk12345

Agreed !

I see the same indication as you in the Vodafone Network Checker for signal. Even taking into consideration the information in the Checker isn't a guarantee of service. 

Current Phone  >

Rossk12345
@bandofbrothers I'll await Vodafones response, I'd like to see. If they can do anything to make it better.

Rossk12345
Hello, do you have any update on my network issue?