main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

Poor Network Performance

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hello

So I have recently noticed when I friend was trying to phone me my signal was dropping out.

Looking at my mobile I am bearly getting 1 bar for 4G often it drops down to 3G.

I have even tried to open my window and put my iphone by the open window but it makes no difference.

The first bit of postcode is RG2 looking on Vodafone site there are no know issues.

Can this be looked into, please?

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Only heppens in one location I have had to travel 2 miles away to get a good 4G signal

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

Added to profile

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

I don't have another phone

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

only getting 1 bar for 4G

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Yesterday

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

All the time

View more options
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Hi @psheraton I do apologize for the loss of 4G signal, after looking at the mast you should be connecting to for your 4G signal, I can see some work that is estimated to complete on the 22nd May, the mast you use for 3G seems unaffected but may have a temporary increase in traffic because of this. I am sure we will have your signal back to normal soon 😊

View more options
Highlighted

Ok thanks, im not currently at home but will post back here once I am to check

View more options
Highlighted

I seem to be having a similar issue also RG2.

4g speed not reaching 2mbps.

Other network works fine.

On another phone it is the same.

View more options
Highlighted

Can confirm still a problem in Reading RG2 please confirm what you are doing to fix this? 

Only getting 2 bars inside, however I am getting about 6.66 MB download and 0.60 upload

View more options
Highlighted

Looks like there is an issue in the RG2 area this is showing on the website:

We’re carrying out maintenance in this area at the moment to help improve our mobile network. We’re sorry if you’re experiencing any issues with your service at this time, we know how frustrating this can be. Maintenance is due to be finished by 18:00 30 May 2020 and we’ll update this page as soon as it has been done.

View more options
Highlighted

Apologies for the delay in our response @Youkos, can you please PM me the postcode of the area so I can have a look at the local mast please? Dane

View more options
Highlighted

So today in my area it says

"

Great news – we've recently carried out some maintenance in this area to help improve our mobile network, we’re sorry if you experienced any issues with your service between 08:00 26 May 2020 and 18:00 30 May 2020. Still having trouble? Please get in touch with us free on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040 191 from any other UK mobile or landline (standard call charges apply)."

However, I still get 1 to 2 bars signal, I want to cancel my contract and move to o2

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @psheraton, have you tried taking out the SIM, leaving it for a minute then popping it back in your phone since the issue in the area has been fixed? This should prompt your phone to reconnect to the network.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Dan

Makes no difference I notice on the Vodafone website network coverage there is now another mast with work going on!   maybe they know there is a problem so they trying to fix all the masts??

We’re carrying out maintenance in this area at the moment to help improve our mobile network. We’re sorry if you’re experiencing any issues with your service at this time, we know how frustrating this can be. Maintenance is due to be finished by 20:00 05 Jun 2020 and we’ll update this page as soon as it has been done.

Cheers

Paul

View more options
Highlighted

Vodafone have the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life I will never use them again after this. 

View more options
Highlighted

@psheraton It's very unfortunate that more maintenance has followed recent work being completed in your area, but this needs to be done to give you better coverage moving forward. I'm sorry if you've been inconvenienced by this, please keep us in the loop if you're still affected post maintenance completion on 05 June. 

View more options
Highlighted

How do I know what mast I am using? there seem to be several with issues around me

View more options
Highlighted

@psheraton If you drop us a message on Facebook or Twitter, we'll be able to identify which mast you're connected to for you. However, if multiple masts are under maintenance you may still be affected even on a functional mast. This is because more people may start connecting to your local mast, whilst there's is down. 

To contact us on Social Media, you can find out how in this Post.

View more options