Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor network reception

jppdavies999
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I live in Devauden, Near Chepstow, Gwent. Post code NP16 6NB

When we first came to live here in 2011 my wife got good access to the Vodafone mobile network so I changed from Orange to Vodafone. Over the years the network has been fairly good. But over the last few months the network has become more difficult to access. Often we have to leave the house just to get a signal and even then it may take some time before it picks up a signal. My wife and myself have different types of phone but the lack of service is seen on both phones. I polled the other 18 people on this estate and a number of them have mentioned that the service from Vodafone has become very poor in the last few months but was fine some time back.

Has there anything significant changed in this area? Would it be possible to check the local masts and coverage in this area.

I am aware of the SURE product.

John Davies

11 REPLIES 11

I've been monitoring the outside signal over the last few days and  I never see any vodafone signal from USK NP15 1ND. That should only be 8km away and very much better that the signal I do receive from New Inn Pontypool which is 19km away. Could that be reason why the signal level is so much weaker now.

The only signal I receive from USK is from O2.

John Davies

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jppdavies999 - As Alex advised above, there are a number of reasons that coverage can change over time.

You can check back on our UK coverage checker for any changes planned in your area. This shows anything due in the next three months, so it’s worth revisiting every so often, to see if there’s an update.