Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor reception Sony XA1

Bohican
1: Seeker

I was asked to copy and paste a template here via Vodafone Facebook group, I have no idea whether this is what I was supposed to copy or not, but this was the only template I could find at the supplied link.

---------------------------------------------TEMPLATE-----------------------------------------------

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

No, I randomly lose signal, frequently find that I cannot send texts and always have very poor signal strength, usually one to two bars. The issue occurs at home and at work.

My handset also randomly disconnects from my home wifi, refusing to reconnect until I restart it.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

See my profile (assuming I can find and edit it.)

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

I'm currently trying to use software repair on my old handset, to see if I can test this.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

As above, low signal, sometimes none at all, unable to send text messages, Vodafone service map claims "reasonable" signal for texts and calls.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

I have no idea, it's a Sony XA1, and I haven't changed the defaults.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

About a week ago, so around 15th December 2017

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Totally random, I can sometimes get signal by moving around. I've tried removing and reinserting the SIM and removing the rubber case I protect the handset with, which makes absolutely no difference.

1 REPLY 1

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Bohican Once you've tried your SIM in a different phone please let us know :Smiling:
We'll also need you to check whether this happens on 2G, 3G or 4G - you can find out how to do this using our Device Guide.

Once we have this information, we'll be able to take a closer look into the signal in your area :Smiling: