Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Poor signal in North Bedfordshire

jim4244
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Why has the signal strength in the MK44 1BA area been reduced? 2 months ago I was getting 3 or 4 bars, now I am getting 1 or none?

I have phoned customer service and been to my local shop but they say everything is OK?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @jim4244

There has been some maintenance work carried out on your surrounding masts that can sometimes impact on local masts. 

It can take a few extra days for the masts to fully settle. 

"We've been doing some work on our network in this area to improve your calls coverage. Sorry if you noticed any disruption - we were working between 7.59am 11 Oct 2017 and 7.59pm 11 Oct 2017."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hmmmmm........ not according to Vodafone customer support?

so how long should I wait until I contact Vodafone again?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jim4244 - I’ve checked the coverage in your area and there is very little 3G or 4G coverage.

Your local sites are performing fine and there aren’t any faults.

As this is due to general coverage and not a fault, you could maybe buy a Sure Signal to use at home as this would provide you with 3G. Alternatively, you could see if you're eligible for Wi-Fi Calling

Please keep a look out for any planned updates in your area, via our network status checker.

Jim if you had 3/4 bars before and now one bar it means that the panels might have been changed and the new ones now pointing not in your direction. That might be the case. The same happened to me. Before they upgraded the mast I was getting 4/5 bars of 2G and now 1 bar 2G. Dont listen to Vodafone stuff. They lie all the time. They even did lie to me that Voda offer 4G Calling on Iphone 8. They are a big joke

Yes, I think you are right. It makes no sense to go from 3 bars down to 1 bar after being with Vodafone for 10 years!

My next door neighbour is a Vet and is on call from home. His entire practice is with Vodafone and they have all gone from a good local signal to a very poor one.

Vodafone - you need to investigate this matter as the only reason I am with Vodafone is for network coverage. Last night a friend came to stay who is with EE. They had 5 bars constant.......

The signal booster you are talking about should be FREE. I have been with you for 10 years and have recently renewed my contract with you. You should be supporting loyal customers!

James

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jim4244 I've checked the history of your local serving site. The history goes back 90 days and within this time, there's been no site visits or changes made. 

The coverage in your area is very low, however we'd be happy to raise your query with out Network engineers so they could look into this further and see if there's anything which can be done. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.