main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Poor signal

2: Seeker

The signal in my area (Alperton, HA0) is very weak. Last week there was no service at all. There was planned maintenance to address the issue this week, and there is now a service, but it is very weak. At best I get just two bars on my phone (usually just one). When will the service be improved to match the coverage checker, which suggests a very good signal indoors and outdoors?

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
17: Community Champion

Sometimes after mast upgrades or maintenance work it can take a couple of days for the masts to fully settle.

Are you able to use this template and post your answers back here for the Vodafone Social Media Teams to take a look.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Highlighted

The poor signal is only indoors. It affects all devices. The signal is around -105dBm. Handover occurs every half hour or so from between the cells 52362992 and 52361537. The signal from either of them is about the same. There has been some new housing devleopments recently, so maybe that is having an impact.

View more options

EE provide 5 bars of signal indoors, compared to 1-2 bars with Vodafone.

View more options

@mich11 I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your signal. Can you please complete the network troubleshooting guide @BandOfBrothers mentioned in his previous post and paste your answers here. 
I'll then be able to take a closer look into this for you 😊

View more options

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

The issue is worse indoors but even outside the signal between -105dbm and -115dBm

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

HA0 (rest is in profile)

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes, and a differnet SIM in a different SIM is the same.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

You cannot receive messages or make calls when the signal drops too low.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Months ago. It hasn't improved all year.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.

View more options

Thanks for providing that information to us @mich11! I've taken a closer look into your postcode area, our Network Engineers are currently planning some upgrades in the area, to help improve our mobile network. I'm sorry if this is causing disruption to your services, as I understand nobody wants to be without signal!

I'd recommend registering for updates on this via our network status checker. If after this has been fully completed, you're still experiencing issues with your services, please pop back to us and we'll be sure to investigate into this further. Thanks for your continued patience.

View more options