main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Poor signal

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi

I have just switched to VF from GiffGaff. I ported my number and it is now live on VF. I cannot get anything more that H+ on the signal, even though I am standing right next to a VF PAYG customer with 4G showing and all the bars.  Are the pay monthly customers given a lower amount of bandwith that the PAYG.

Thanks

Andy

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @thebushe2s 

There is no reason for you being enable to use the 4G service. I would suggest you contact Vodafone to make sure 4G is provisioned on your account.

To make sure your phone is set up correctly with the APN settings, text WEB to 40127, also make sure you have 4G LTE selected on your phone data settings.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @thebushe2s 

There is no reason for you being enable to use the 4G service. I would suggest you contact Vodafone to make sure 4G is provisioned on your account.

To make sure your phone is set up correctly with the APN settings, text WEB to 40127, also make sure you have 4G LTE selected on your phone data settings.

View more options

Are you as a process of elimination can you try your sim card in the other persons phone and they try theirs in your.phone @thebushe2s 

Some phones can be better than others in regards to connection too.

Just to add if you've just switched its possible the files are still settling.

Try a soft reboot by turning the phone off and on and or try choosing another network and then re chose Vodafone in the phones connection settings.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi thanks for the reply.

In the end I went to the access point settings and reset those to the VF defaults and it seems to have done the trick.

Best

Andy

View more options

Thanks for the reply.  This is essentially what I did.  I might have expect VF to mention this in their correspondence, since not all users will be able to find their AP settings nor use a forum such as this, and may simply accept the H/H+ speeds without demur.

Regards

Andy

View more options