cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Possible scammer with my vodaphone details? How?

kktwenty
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I had a call from a Rotherham number (01709918613) claiming to be from Vodaphone (they have tried a few times this week).  Person did have a yorkshire accent and they claimed to have my details, they knew when my contract was up, when I started and had my address.  They wanted me to give my memorable details out (yeah right!) so instead I quizzed them about a "complaint" I had lodged with Vodaphone (that would be on my file) to establish trust first.

Obviously they had no idea as they had "recently transferred to a new system".  They still tried to push a new upgrade on me but again I insisted that I didnt trust *them* as they couldnt give me specific information that Vodaphone would know.

What I would like to know, is how did they A) get my vodaphone number (I can count on one hand the people who have my number - it is NEVER given out - I have a PAYG phone that I give to other people, my vodaphone "phone" is a personal internet only phone.  They had my address, contact start and end dates - something only Vodaphone would know.

Or is this number *really* vodaphone, in which case why did they not have simple details to prove who they say they are and WHY are they ringing me when ive told them not to before?

Most unhappy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @kktwenty

You have probbly been called by the Outsourced Sales Team based in Rotherham.  You can see the numbers Vodafone use for calling from the link below.   Appreciate the number ending 13 is not on the list but is probably an additional new number.

Support - Is it Vodafone Calling?

If you wish to opt out of these annoying sales calls, this can be arrangeed by contacting Customer Services or using Live Chat.  Please remember it can take up to 30 days to be removed from the list.

@kktwenty

If you have asked for a PAC code with the intention of leaving, it will probably be the Retention Team with an offer to entice you into staying and keep you as a customer.  They do come up with some good deals, you may find they not only match but better the 3 deal.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @kktwenty

You have probbly been called by the Outsourced Sales Team based in Rotherham.  You can see the numbers Vodafone use for calling from the link below.   Appreciate the number ending 13 is not on the list but is probably an additional new number.

Support - Is it Vodafone Calling?

If you wish to opt out of these annoying sales calls, this can be arrangeed by contacting Customer Services or using Live Chat.  Please remember it can take up to 30 days to be removed from the list.

@kktwenty

If you have asked for a PAC code with the intention of leaving, it will probably be the Retention Team with an offer to entice you into staying and keep you as a customer.  They do come up with some good deals, you may find they not only match but better the 3 deal.

Ironically the complaint I had on my file WAS from sales calls after I had opted out.  three times.

thank you taking time to answer, most helpful.  I wont need to opt out (a fourth time) as in 30 days I will be with Three I think.