Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

RH15 - poor signal/coverage and even worse cusromer service

Sussex-bblou
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Yet again crappy vodafone is fobbing me off without giving me the option to speak to a human being so I'm forced to leave a poxy message here and just pray someone will afford me the courtesy of a reply, and hopefully a prompt one at that.

You crooks sold me a 4G contract but the best I'm getting is poxy 2G. I lose my network connection repeatedly throughout the day and routinely have over 20 calls a day which fail to connect and this has been going on for months.

I am paying £60 a month for a service you are not providing and am absolutely livid as your customer service and technical support have been ##~## and have failed to help me resolve things repeatedly.

Please please please can someone finally help me as I am at the end of my tether. BUT DO NOT tell me I need to pay extra as I am not giving you thieving gits another penny of my hard earned money as you've been robbing me blind for months.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I totally understand and sympathise with you when signal is intermittent or non existent. 

In order for the Social Media Team here to help could you use the Vodafone Template and post it back here with your answers. 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template/td-p/25405...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

ALWAYS AT HOME AS I WORK FROM HOME. I CAN'T SAY I HAVE REALLY NOTICED THE PROBLEM AWAY FROM HOME.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on theCommunity, add it to your profile here.

RH15 9BX

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO ANOTHER VODAFONE MOBILE BUT FROM MEMORY I THINK IT WAS FINE WHEN MY LOCAL STORE PUT MY SIM IN THEIR PHONE.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

NO VISIBLE ERRORS. I JUST CALL A NUMBER AND IT SEEMS TO TAKE AGES FOR THE CALL TO CONNECT AND I THEN GET AN ODD TONE TO SIGNIFY THE CALL HASN'T CONNECTED.  

INCOMING CALLS ALSO REGULARLY HUNT STRAIGHT TO VOICEMAIL WHICH IS A CONSTANT SOURCE OF FRUSTRATION FOR MY BOSS WHO OFTEN STRUGGLES TO REACH ME.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

4G? YOU ARE HAVING A LAUGH!!!!! THE BEST I GET AT HOME IS 2G WHICH IS PATHETIC.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS HENCE MY FRUSTRATION AND SO FAR VODAFONE HAS BEEN UTTERLY HOPELESS IN TRYING TO RESOLVE THINGS.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

I PRIMARILY USE MY PHONE WEEK DAYS FOR WORK AND IT HAPPENS MOST DAYS.

I am wondering how much longer I am meant to wait until someone affords me the courtesy of a helpful reply as opposed to the usual unhelpful ones which seem to be the norm for Vodafone.

I have spoken to customer services and technical support numerous times and more recently to your illustrious social media people and all were about as effective as a chocolate teapot. Having now been referred to you I am hoping someone will finally take ownership of this ongoing problem and get things sorted.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Apologies for the delay in reaching your post @Sussex-bblou.

Your local sites are performing as expected and with no current issues.

You should be getting good 2G, with 3G and 4G coverage being mostly indoors.

Does changing your phone’s network settings to 2G only improve the coverage you get for calls?

FGS this is an almost daily issue for me so will you please stop with your standard mantra of ALL IS WELL and accept once and for all that IT IS NOT. 

I am sick to death of being constantly fobbed off when the fact remains I am paying Vodafone for a service that it repeatedly fails to supply.

And before you ask, yesterday was no exception as I lost my connection/ signal several times and yet again needed to search again for.the network.

Note I wasn't working yesterday however so I barely needed to use my phone. Today I will be on the phone for much of the afternoon.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Sussex-bblou So we're able to look into your issue in more detail, please contact us using the information in the private message I've sent.