Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

RH20 - Storrington

Krissi1510
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? - I live and work in the same location (work from home).  Signal has always been poor/patchy in the village but areas where I used to be able to make/recieve calls are now an issue, signal strength does show as good but calls either don't connect, connect and then drop, or don't come through at all.  This has only been an issue for the last 10 days or so.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? RH20 4NX / RH20 4AB

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Not a SIM issue.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?  Calls either don't connect, connect and then drop, or don't come through at all.  Texts are more reliable but are sometimes delayed.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?  All.  Although there is little 3/4G in the village, being indoors or outdoors does not make a difference.

6) When did you first notice this issue?   Approx 10 days ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?  Intermittant as in there is no pattern to whether or not the call goes through or not.  But it happens at all times of day and both inside and outside.

I also have a work phone contracted with Vodafone and am having the same issues with that number.   I know several people who also live and/or work in Storrington who are having the same issues.  What is going on?   I tried 'chat' with someone yesterday and they tried to say there were no issues in this area.  I know the people who are having issues have been contacting Vodafone with no luck also, something must have happened for this issue to be affecting more than one person.

Edited to add, I have done all the recommended checks and reset the network settings on both my phones, the issue is still there.

22 REPLIES 22

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MVAndrews So we're able to take a closer look into this for you, please contact us directly using the link in the private message I've sent. 

Signal fine this morning! I will not be replying to the private message, as when I did this last time, I got an automated reply saying it will not be answered! All the info you need is in this thread and also a separate one I started last month.  When the problem arises, the symptoms are the phone shows full signal but will not dial out and people cannot ring me.  Vodafone eventually acknowledged the problem (see this thread) and engineers made a change that fixed it.  2 days ago it started again, but as I say, this morning it is fine.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MVAndrews - I’m glad to hear your signal was ok this morning and I hope this is still the case.

If you face these issues again, please follow the instructions from the private message @Alex sent to you yesterday (It sounds like when you’ve contacted us before, you’ve replied to the actual private message).

When you open it up, you’ll see an option to click ‘here’, this will then bring up a form with how to email my team.

We can then look into this further and contact our network engineers if needed.

We are experiencing these same issues. Signal has always been patchy but much worse over last few days. Mobile calls are impossible. If it connects or I try to answer, it resembles a Dalek. Texts are sometimes getting through but often delayed incoming. Outgoing texts are taking ages to send and frequently failing. One I tried to send to 2 people, sent to one but not other. Also often sending in wrong order due to first text being delayed. Please get this sorted. Our postcode is RH20 2NX, West Chiltington. It is not the phone or SIM as works elsewhere. Repeatedly restarting the phone does not help.

Still no signal today. I would appreciate some contact from Vodafone to confirm what us or will be done. Thanks

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JackieCr I've taken a look into your coverage and can see we're currently looking into a line of sight issue on one of your nearby masts - this could be affecting your coverage.

This is being investigated under INC3262023 however it's not currently showing on our network status checker. 

Rest assured, our team is working hard behind the scenes to have this rectified as soon as possible and restore service. 

Hi Alex, thanks for the update. That's interesting.... I had checked the signal status etc several times but nothing showing. Hope it can be resolved quickly. 

Hi Alex, our Vodafone signal is virtually non existent still. Calls are impossible. Even text messages are failing more often than not. Would you please update me as to progress on fixing the problem? It's been going on like this too long now.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JackieCr I'm sorry to see you're still struggling to get signal 😞

So we're able to raise your query with our Network engineers, please contact us directly using the link in the private message I've sent.

Hi Alex, I have responded with the requested information.