main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

RM11 Area - Phone calls drop

Highlighted
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

This happens indoors and outside in this location. 

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Most of the time the calls drop with no warning.  10% of calls experience a garbled/under water sound then drop.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Around the 23rd May 2020

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent issue.  It happens every day.

View more options
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Mrkapow 

Please do check your local and surrounding masts via Vodafone status-checker too.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams will look at your answers.

To me if the issue exists in the one area then that would point to your phone, sim card and account being OK and this is a mast issue or mast congestion issue.

I know some have had a better experience when switching the phone to 2G to make calls and or use Calling Over Wi-Fi if this is available to you.

Vodafone wi-fi-calling. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Mrkapow if you can contact us on our social media channels with your full postcode, we can check a few systems to see if your local mast is having maintenance or any drop-outs in signal.

Facebook - Vodafone UK

Twitter - @VodafoneUK 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi . Not sure if I am posting in the right place (newbie). I have the same problem. Intermittent all day, every day. 65% of my calls have to be redialled. Fed up with it as paying vodafone a fortune that I can't really afford. The majority of my calls are to and from my sick mother, daughters, hospitals and doctors. I am 61 years old and disabled. Totally frustrating as hospitals and doctors are hard to get through to anyway, only to be cut off several times. The call either goes "in a bucket" or just cuts off dead. I have reported to vodafone on several occasions with no answer or feedback. Please let me know if you find a solution as  I am seriously considering changing provider. I have been with vodafone for approximately 20 years.

I did wonder if it had anything to do with a satelite which moves about at the back of my house. It can be seen clearly when dark and appears to coincide with incidents. 

Any help would be appreciated as I am at my wits end now, it's been going on for years, but has steadily got worse.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Coffeebean1211 

Are you at the same postcode - RM11?

Vodafone are now running tests on the 3 masts in my area but have not given me a time when they will be ready to share the results.  At least it has been logged as an official fault now.

The problem has not improved and I have had dropped or failed calls 94 times since the end of June.  

View more options
Highlighted

Hi. No I am ME11 (Kent) However, my daughter was with vodafone for 15 years and lives in RH12  (East Sussex) and also had the same problem. She has now changed to Giff Gaff and has no problems. My husband and younger daughter have also done the same after 15-20 years with vodafone and now have very few problems with Giff Gaff. Let me know if you get an update at all please.

View more options
Highlighted

Hey @Coffeebean1211,

We know how important it is to be able to stay connected with family and friends. As @Adam mentioned above if you contact our social media team, we'll be able to run some tests in a few different systems and get to the bottom of you issues. You can see how to contact our social media team here 

View more options