Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

RM6 - Chadwell Heath

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've complained about this before and nothing came of it but again 4G data is still extremely poor. Streaming videos and using the internet on 4G is painful.

Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Around a mile or so

What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? See Profile

Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes

What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? Slow or non-existent speeds on 4G

Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? 4G Only

When did you first notice this issue? On-going

Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent issue

Screenshot_20170826-193722.jpg

20 REPLIES 20

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous I've checked your local site (78718), and can confirm that it's performing correctly.

Please switch your phone's settings to 3G and perform a speed test, then reply back with a screenshot of your results and we can look into this further for you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Natasha,

I'm not home until tomorrow but will do the speed test and upload then.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @Anonymous, please let me know how you get on :smileyhappy:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Natasha,

Please see below for a 4G speed test which you can see is taken very late in the day, at a time when fewer customers using their phones or devices, Imagine what it's like during 'peak' times! :smileysad:

Screenshot_20170828-230806.jpg

Below is 3G which you can see is vastly superior and I know I could easily lock to 3G every time I am home but I shouldn't have to and I forget to switch back when I leave home and the 3G coverage in Central London isn't as good as 4G.

Screenshot_20170828-230606.jpg

I know I shouldn't compare but below is what I get on EE with an iPhone

Image-1.png

I pay a considerable amount to VF as I have multiple lines and most of the time the 4G at home is unusable which is frustrating to say the least.

I should also point out I have tried the SIM in my IPhone and it still happens which would indicate its not device specific. I've also checked with my other devices with other sim cards which would indicate its not a fault with my SIM.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous Apologies for any confusion, I've just checked your 4G serving site (30983) and can confirm it's experiencing a fault. 

The 4G should still be working however the site is not performing correctly, which will be why you're experiencing slower speeds. This will also reflect why your 3G is significantly better in comparison. 

So we're able to get this raised for you with our Network engineers, please contact us using the instructions in the private message I've sent. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

Can you check if the form submitted correctly? I've hit submit and it took me to http://www.vodafone.co.uk/ instead of giving me a submission confirmation?

Thanks 

G

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous The confirmation usually comes through via an automated email, however I've checked our inbox and I don't have an email from you in there.

Please try to submit this again on another browser and make sure to clear your cache and cookies. 

Let me know once you've tried again and I'll have another look 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

I have tried again using Safari and Chrome and I am getting the same thing. It just bounces to the VF webpage.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous We've received it - I'll pick it up now 😊

Your reference number is #16819520 which you should receive on an automated email from us. Be sure to also check your junk/spam folders.