Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SE1 - Waterloo

Medstead99
4: Newbie

Been asked to post this again - here goesyiuvcanbaee when it was originally posted under the London Waterloo thread - though nothing has happened since it was posted

SE1 8SW - Waterloo Station Coverage
‎08-11-2016 03:51 PM
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

move outside of station complex and signal is improved.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs?

SE1 8SW

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes, happens in any phone also happens to all my colleagues who use Vodafone

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Phone shows 3 or 4 bars of 4g signal but it is impossible to stream any services (e.g. BBC Radio) or use internet.

Trains pulls out of train shed and magically you are able to stream BBC and access internet - until reaching Clapham where there is ZERO service.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

4g

6) When did you first notice this issue?

been ongoing for months

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

any time that I am travelling, consitentky every day - when train pull into station in the morning streaming radi stops until I exit the station, then it works again. In the vening streaming works until I enter the station then works when train leaves the station.

2 REPLIES 2

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Medstead99 - I’ve checked that location as well as the local sites and there are no faults with the service in that area. 

This is due to general coverage and as advised by @Rahim on the previous thread, you can keep an eye on our Network status checker for any future upgrades. 

I know that there are no faults per se, however given the number of times that I - and many, many others - cannot use the service for which we pay Vodafone, shows that there is a fundemental infrastructure issue and that you have not provisioned sufficient bandwidth for the service that you are selling.