Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SE5 - London

timdickinson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have no mobile internet at all, and have had none for a week now - issue started around 12:30 on 31/07/2017. Calls and texts work fine.

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

I have no internet anywhere. I have no internet anywhere in London - SE, SW, N, or Central - I imagine it's the same everywhere else too.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs?

Added to my profile.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes. If I put my sim card in another Vodafone customer's phone, there is no internet on that phone.
Similarly, if I put another Vodafone user's sim card in my phone, then it works perfectly - full internet.

During one visit to a Vodafone store to get this fixed last week, they gave me a new sim card - that made no difference.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Connection time-out. I can't use the browser (Chrome), WhatsApp, Twitter, Facebook, or anything esle that needs internet.
I cannot even ping the Vodafone gateway or DNS servers - 100% packet loss.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All. I get no internet whether on 2G, 3G, or 4G

6) When did you first notice this issue?

I tried to switch off Content Control at about 12:30 on 31/07/2017, and immediately my entire internet was cut off. I have had no mobile internet since. Switching on or off Content Control now has no effect at all.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent. I have had no mobile internet for a week now.

I have been into Vodafone stores three times now, and various webchat supports - each times I am promised that the issue will be fixed within 24 hours. It is still broken - the mobile internet I have had for August so far has been 0%.

3 REPLIES 3

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@timdickinson As you've stated this happens everywhere, it sounds to me like this would be an issue relating to your account rather than a network fault.

So our team can look into this for you, please contact us using the information in the private message I've sent. 

I agree - I have filled out the form as requested.

Thanks

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for letting me know @timdickinson :smileyhappy:

I can confirm we've received your email and a member of the team will be in touch to look into this for you.