Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SK9 Wilmslow Signal issues

BHWilmslow
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

ost Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Happens over whole road

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? SK9 5QA

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Signal can be full strength then dissappear so cannot receive calls. Fluctuates from mid/strong to no signal

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

Mainly 3G and 4G but also with 2G

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Tuesday 13th September

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Constant

6 REPLIES 6

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

If you head over to the Network Status Checker and enter your postcode, then zoom out a bit ,you will see that there has been some recently completed maintenance work in the area.  If you zoom out further, you'll see that there are a number of issues in the area that are being worked on.  All of these things could be having an impact on your signal.

One of the eForum Team will need to confirm exactly which issue is causing your signal problems, but based on the info you've provided, I suspect it may be the maintenance work which was due to complete on the evening of the 13th

PWIAC

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BHWilmslow It looks like there may be a potential issue with your local serving site (38198). 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. 

Once you've got in touch, we'll investigate further. 

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. SK9

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

Maybe half a mile

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

SK9 3ND

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Haven't another device to try it in

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

Even apps that use minimal data don't load, messages frequently fail to send. Web pages don't load.  Anything that uses date is either snail pace slow or doesn't work at all.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

It's usually 4G here - but happens on all.

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Been like this for at least 1-2 months

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

It's at my place of work - so issues 9 to 5. Don't know outside that time

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ejp13 - I’ve checked your postcode and your local site (86651) looks to be performing fine.

There aren’t any faults with the other sites in the area either.

Is the coverage any better outside of the building?

Try changing your network settings to 2G only to see if this improves the service you get for calls and texts.

I'm more concerned with the data than calls.  Even simple webpages or social media apps which I highly doubt are using much data barely load if at all.

Marginally better outside the building, but not much.  Still very poor compared to other areas where I have no issues.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ejp13 - As your local sites are all performing fine, this looks to be due to general coverage in the area.

Whilst you should get good data coverage, it’s a highly populated area and a lot of people will be connecting to the local sites, which will affect the signal you receive.