Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SL7 - Marlow

dinofit
1: Seeker

I moved to Marlow (SL7 2DU) on the 1st June and when I checked the coverage for where I live and for Marlow, it showed good coverage indoor and outdoor. Unfortunately this is not what I get, I cannot take a call indoor at home and on the main high street in Marlow it often has emergency calls only on my phone. Yesterday I had the pleasue of a 40 minute chat with someone in India, who sympathised with my concerns and said that if I was happy to pay vodafone more money they would send me a sure signal, which would give me a better service. Despite me pointing out that I pay a monthly charge for what I thought is legally a good service, especially when promoting it online as one, then I should not have to pay extra to get this. I would love to hear from someone senior at Vodafone to explain how this works. 

2 REPLIES 2

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dinofit – I’ve checked the coverage in your area and you should get good 2G, however 3G and 4G are patchy and mostly available outdoors only.

Your local sites currently look to be performing fine.

As phones will always try to connect to 3G over 2G (even if the 2G coverage is better), changing your network settings to 2G only should improve your coverage for calls and texts.

Hi Jenny

The vodafone coverage checker shows that 2G, 3G and 4G works indoor and outdoor on my postcode, and my phone is set to go to whichever one is available. I will try that and see how it goes.