Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SO16 - Southampton

JamesBoyes
1: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? No just on our road (both indoors and outdoors). Roughly a mile 

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here. SO16 8EN

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Unable to test this 

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No Signal Available 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? ?All

6) When did you first notice this issue?
3 hours ago 

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Has been permanent since it started 

Thank you in advance for looking into this for me. Need my phone urgently as partner is heavily pregnant and also rely on phone for work! 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As your signal / connection returns a mile out from your postcode that would indicate your SIM card and phone are not at issue to me @JamesBoyes

On checking the Vodafone Network Checker I see your local masts are Ok but your surrounding masts are showing the following as indicated in my attached screenshots. Sometimes when surrounding masts are at issue then this can occasionally affect local masts if Vodafone are re routing network traffic to compensate. 

It can also take a few extra days for the masts to fully settle down. 

IMG_1131.PNGIMG_1132.PNG

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JamesBoyes I've looked into the unexpected issue shown on our network status checker and I don't think this would apply to your current fault. 

I can see work on your local serving site (6535) may have affected your coverage on 8 August 2017, however everything seems to be up and running now - if you're still having issues, please let us know and we'll take a closer look into this.