main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

Samsung Galaxy S9 Unable to receive calls or texts but can make calls and texts

3: Seeker

Hi, I have a 1 year old Samsung Galaxy S9 and have been using it with no issues. A couple of days ago I realised I could not accept calls or texts but still could make calls and send texts. I rang my mobile from my landline and a voice said"this number does not exist". 
Yesterday I spent nearly 2 hours on 'Online chat' with no joy and still not resolved, the operator said it was a local issue but that morning I had driven to another town and had the same problem. She also 'upgraded my account' whatever that meant as it was old? I've only had it a year. 
can anybody help please?

View more options
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone to help rule out the phone at issue or the sim card.

If the sim card then a Vodafone Highstreet Store can replace that via a sim swap. Take some ID.

If your sim works in another phone then either take the phone to Vodafone or use a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre.

I'd suggest using the latter.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  can double check your account.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Spanishsteve1 

From the sound of things especially when you call the number and receive the message 'this number does not exist' something has gone wrong in Vodafone systems and the incoming part of the number has been somehow disconnected.

When your account information has been received the Social Media Team will be able to do the necessary investigations and get the service working.  Until this has been done a workaround to enable you to receive incoming calls would be to set up a divert to an alternative number.  If you follow this link you can find how this can be done:  Call Forwarding 

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you for your response, my concern is that Vodafone is not actively trying to resolve my issue. The online chat yesterday could not work out what the issue was and suggested that a local issue was the cause despite me stating I had driven to a nearby town that morning and my son had tried texting and calling me whilst there with no change.

I was not told that enquires would be ongoing , just that I would get a text when the local issue was resolved. I checked this morning and still no change.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for your reply, I've just tried the sim in another phone and the same issue, so at least I can rule out the phone. I will try the SMT as well to see if they can find anything.

View more options
Highlighted

@Spanishsteve1 wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I've just tried the sim in another phone and the same issue, so at least I can rule out the phone. I will try the SMT as well to see if they can find anything.

Sorry that didn't help.

Then the only two other options are your sim card or account.

I added a link in my first reply for the Vodafone Social Media Teams. They are the Team that helps here on this very forum but with account issues they can only help via Twitter and Facebook. Perhaps give them a shot at resolving this for you @Spanishsteve1 

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Thank you. I have sent them a message via Twitter on the link you kindly provided. Appreciated, thank you.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Spanishsteve1 

As you are connected to the network, this looks more of a call routing error somewhere in Vodafone system rather than specific to your account. The Team will be able to check this for you.

The link for the Social Media Team can be found in About the Community, there are also some other helpful and interesting threads on the Board.

View more options
Highlighted

@Spanishsteve1 wrote:

Thank you. I have sent them a message via Twitter on the link you kindly provided. Appreciated, thank you.

You're very welcome @Spanishsteve1 

Please let us know how you get on if you don't mind.

Your update can hopefully then go onto help others searching the forum for similar help and support.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

I certainly will, I have been in contact with the SMT and they are checking things out. Thanks for your help.

View more options
Highlighted

Finally resolved courtesy of the SMT, one of the staff checked my account and could see no change to the account or see anything that the online chat person had done to resolve the issue. They suggested I power down phone, take sim out, power up phone until it said 'no sim' then again power down phone. Then reinsert sim and power up. Then success ! My wife text and called and both received and my landline rang my mobile too. So finally sorted.

Thank you for the responses and helpful suggestions, very much appreciated. Steve.

View more options