Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung galaxy s8 not making or receiving calls

Dboycey
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. E4

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? Everywhere I go

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? E4 6AE, N17 6PL, NN18 8RR and whilst out and about

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? NO

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? None, call just doesn't connect.  I get a text message straight away telling me i've missed a call

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All

6) When did you first notice this issue? 2 months ago

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? I VERY RARELY get a call come through.

For your information I have:

Replaced the sim card

Factory reset the phone

Checked call blocker list

NOT in flight mode

Started in safe mode (still no luck)

When I go to change network operator Vodafone isnt an option when selecting 2g or 3g network but is with 4g 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Does the situation presents itself if you try another sim card in your current Samsung phone ?

Can you double check with Customer service on 191 or Live Chat that your Account is ok from their end. 

A Samsung service location or Samsung Experience Store can run a diagnostic on the phone. 

Samsung Support/service-centre.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes it does, both the old sim card and the new one do the same.  In the network settings Vodafone is an option for 4g but if I select 2g or 3g Vodafone isnt an option but I can see other networks....

I have done a live chat and been instore where the staff member hooked my phone up to a laptop, a couple of errors but nothing that should have stopped my ability to make and receive calls

If I can see other networks surely it shouldn't be a phone issue?  The very rare odd call gets through.

Cheers for the reply 

BandOfBrothers

Hello @Dboycey

When you say "Yes it does, both the old sim card and the new one do the same" is that the new sim card from the sim swap or a completely different sim card that has its own number? 

What's showing in your Network Mode ? Mine' set to 4g,3g,2g auto connect. 

Current Phone  >

A sim swap, i picked up a new sim card from a vodafone store and they did it for me there and then

BandOfBrothers

Ok @Dboycey

Are you able to use a friends Vodafone Sim Card or a Vodafone Payg SIM card to test in the phone. 

When a sim swap is processed the old sim becomes De Activated. Any account issue could move to the new sim if its account based. 

Current Phone  >