main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Says 3/4G connected, but can’t connect

2: Seeker

Just switched to Vodafone as they provided better coverage than my last network. However my phone (Apple iPhone 7) says I'm connected to 3/4G but when I go to use the internet or anything else requiring Wifi, I've apparently got no internet connection. 

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
17: Community Champion

In terms of accessing the internet over the mobile network it might be worth checking your settings. There's a guide explaining how to do this, here.

With regards to wifi, this wouldn't be related to the mobile network and could be down to the router or access point you're trying to connect to. Are you able to connect other devices to the same wifi?

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View more options
Highlighted
4: Newbie

Exactly the same happened to me mate. Turned out the port was just a bit delayed, after another day my data started working..,

View more options
2: Seeker

Once my number switched over everything was working. However I have signal in my flat but my 3/4G still isn't working despite saying I'm connected. Only happens in the flat. 

View more options

Thanks for getting back in touch @Skyet. If you complete the following template here, we can take a look into the network around your area.

It sounds like the signal only drops in your flat, so it could be worth looking into things such as Wi-Fi Calling to help boost your service at home. 

View more options

This is clearly network wide issue! 

Same issue here in Milton Keynes. We have a full 4G coverage but can't use data. There is clearly a big issue here but nobody is fixing it and customer services are unaware of any issue. 

this needs to be fixed. Something is majorly wrong Vodafone!! 

View more options

It's not a usual fault. Please start looking at how many people are reporting this, it is a widespread fault. Please start dealing with it and a high tier tech team. 

Same issue here in Milton Keynes. We have a full 4G coverage but can't use data. There is clearly a big issue here but nobody is fixing it and customer services are unaware of any issue. 

this needs to be fixed. Something is majorly wrong Vodafone!! 

View more options

I have a similar problem here. 4G for data is appalling, in Northampton and Wellingborough area especially. Vodafone shop Wellingborough say this has been going on for months and recommended switching to 3G and guess what it works! 4G has a serious problem and no one on here (staff wise) will acknowledge something is actually wrong. Even speaking to friends they have also been told to switch to 3G by the same shop. I was out in the countryside the other day, no real population yet 4G worked well, but I guess they aren't going to get 5G yet and this is where the problem lies! This problem needs escalating! 

View more options