Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SecureNet Incorrectly Blocking Website

HaroldHeyre
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

We've scanned the site for malware, contains no adult content etc. We're confident that the site is clean.

Event organisation is dependant on access to the site and obviously an entire network being blocked is causing issues.

Does anyone have any advice or solutions, or any insights into what the problem could be?

6 REPLIES 6

MarkD

Hi @HaroldHeyre, thanks for your post. What's the website that's being blocked? Is this just on a mobile data connection that your customer's cannot access the site? 

Cheers for the reply, the site is https://brscc.co.uk/ and yes it's only blocked on mobile data connections.

It looks like the site is the British Racing and Sports Car Club. For us to send this off and query the classification and look getting the site re-classified if needed, what error are you or your customer's seeing when you're trying to access the link on mobile data? 

A warning from Secure Net pops up saying "Warning this web site may be harmful" then underneath
"Website Blocked
This website may include unsafe content. Please select an option below"
Trying to access the website anyway results in a message stating the connection is not private.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's perfect @HaroldHeyre. I've raised this to our Network team for you (Case Ref: INC000004531775). As soon as they've completed their investigation, I'll let you know the outcome. This can take up to 48 hours to complete, but usually doesn't take that long.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this for you @HaroldHeyre, I'm sorry it's taken much longer than usual. Our Network team have advised your site was categorised as Sport, Motorsport and Malware, which is what led to SecureNet blocking it. We contacted Allot and requested this to be updated to just Sport and Motorsport. They've advised this has now been done and there should be no problems moving forward.