main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Signal at home

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Where do i stand if the signal at my house and the village i live-in has got worse. We have always had poor signal at home but it has got ridiculous now. We are lucky if we get 1 bar in our area and can never have a conversation on the phone without getting cut off. I sometimes don't get notified of missed calls or text messages until the next day. Vodafone suggest buying sure signal but i dont think i should have to pay for something to give me a service i already pay for also i don't think my internet speed will be good enough. Any advice would be appreciated.

View more options
13 REPLIES 13
17: Community Champion

Hi @Wingnut2806 

I appreciate its frustrating when signal is poor.

Can we start by using this template and paste you answers back here for the Vodafone Social Media Teams to go on.

》 Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

Also putting your postcode into this link will show if there is a known issue locally or surrounding you 》 Status-checker.

Vodafone do cover themselves in their Terms and Conditions that their services are not fault free > Terms-and-conditions.

However I appreciate your saying its deteriorated.

If on an eligible tariff and phone you could look at wi-fi-calling.

I appreciate your not keen on paying a one off £70 for a Sure Signal but it could resolve the issues at home. 

In regards to what you need see this link 》 sure-signal.

"Fixed-line home broadband with a minimum upload and download speed of 1Mbpsc"

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

1) It is worse at my house but the whole village is nightmare

2) CM83QU

3) Yes i have 4 phone contracts and we all have the same issue

4) Don't receive calls or texts and phones constantly disconnect during calls.

5) only get 2g can get 3g in one part of the village

6) It has always been poor signal but it has slowly got worse over the last 6months

7) permanent 

View more options

Hi @Wingnut2806 

Looking at the coverage map, you only have good outdoor coverage but would be on the boundary of good indoor and outdoor coverage 2G only.

The first thing to do is to change the phone mode to 2G, this will stop the phones searching for an alternative signal and may stabilise the connection.

As this is general coverage, there would be little Vodafone would be able to do.  However, take a look at the link below to see if your village is eligible.  Certainly something to take up with other residents.

What is Rural Open Sure Signal?

View more options

Tha k you for taking the time to use the template I suggested @Wingnut2806 

And the status checker link to use your postcode in does show your not in the best area for coverage i.e fringe coverage.

Screenshot_20191016-141726_Samsung Internet.jpg

The Sure Signal is definitely an option and or calling over wifi but at present a person cannot send texts that way.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Trouble is my internet speed is not great so not sure if it is going to work very well if at all. It's a lot of money wasted if it doesn't work.

View more options

Hi @Wingnut2806 

As you have monthly contracts if you have a landline, a workaround the situation would be to divert all your incoming calls to your landline, this will stop you missing any incoming calls.  The divert can be set up directly from your phone call settings and easily removed when you leave the house.

There is also further information here: How do I manage my call diverts?

Alternatively, if you do not have any signal, incoming calls would divert to your voicemail where you could leave a personal greeting to call your landline number.

It does look like this is general coverage for the location, keeping your phones on 2G only would be the best signal for calls.

View more options

@Wingnut2806 wrote:

Trouble is my internet speed is not great so not sure if it is going to work very well if at all. It's a lot of money wasted if it doesn't work.

You have a cooling off period of 14 days I believe to return the Sure Signal if your not entirely happy with it @Wingnut2806 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options

Hi @Wingnut2806 

If you make the decision to return a Sure Signal device, you need to make sure you deregister the device from your account before returning.  Further information here:  Returns

If you are on an eligible tariff and have broadband I would have thought WiFi calling would have been ideal for your situation.

View more options

Thanks for getting in touch @Wingnut2806. It does look like you're in an area with patchy coverage and I understand how frustrating this must be.

If you did want to look into a Sure Signal, a minimum download speed of 1Mbps per second and upload speed of 1Mbps per second is needed; so it doesn't need to be very fast at all. As @AnnS mentioned, I'd take a look into Wi-Fi Calling as an option to help boost your signal too. 

View more options

Hi thanks for the advice i am looking into WiFi calling but don't think my handset supports it i have a Nokia android one. The frustrating thing is it used to be ok signal was never very strong but we could make calls without it dropping out. We have all different devices and they all struggle now.

View more options

Thanks for getting back to us @Wingnut2806. I think you're right, it doesn't look like any Nokia phones are supported for Wi-Fi Calling. 

I've taken another look into your postcode and although it does look like general coverage, we're experiencing some unexpected issues with a mast near you (14275) at the moment. As there isn't many masts that you can connect to, this might be causing some extra disruption. When did you first notice that your signal was getting worse?

View more options

Sorry only just seen your message. It's always been poor but it has been getting increasingly worse over the last 3-4 months.

View more options

I can see the work in your area's now been completed @Wingnut2806. Have you seen an improvement in your service since you last contacted us?

View more options