Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

RH20 - Storrington

Krissi1510
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? - I live and work in the same location (work from home).  Signal has always been poor/patchy in the village but areas where I used to be able to make/recieve calls are now an issue, signal strength does show as good but calls either don't connect, connect and then drop, or don't come through at all.  This has only been an issue for the last 10 days or so.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? RH20 4NX / RH20 4AB

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Not a SIM issue.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?  Calls either don't connect, connect and then drop, or don't come through at all.  Texts are more reliable but are sometimes delayed.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?  All.  Although there is little 3/4G in the village, being indoors or outdoors does not make a difference.

6) When did you first notice this issue?   Approx 10 days ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?  Intermittant as in there is no pattern to whether or not the call goes through or not.  But it happens at all times of day and both inside and outside.

I also have a work phone contracted with Vodafone and am having the same issues with that number.   I know several people who also live and/or work in Storrington who are having the same issues.  What is going on?   I tried 'chat' with someone yesterday and they tried to say there were no issues in this area.  I know the people who are having issues have been contacting Vodafone with no luck also, something must have happened for this issue to be affecting more than one person.

Edited to add, I have done all the recommended checks and reset the network settings on both my phones, the issue is still there.

22 REPLIES 22

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Taking a look at your postcode in the Vodafone Network Checker there isn’t any reported mast issues both local and surrounding. 

It does report the postcode is a fringe area as your already aware of. 

Solutions to be able to attain a connection could be the £69 Sure Signal that works Off Home Broadband WiFi or for eligible contract types and included phones there is Vodafone Calling Over WiFi. 

Link > https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I've already looked at the network checker, while it does not show an issue this does not mean there isn't one!  I already have a sure signal in my house, but this does not seem to be helping at the moment - I have had calls drop on my phone and work phone today (both numbers are registered).  Plus, a sure signal will not help me when I am not in the house! 

We moved to this house since May this year (used to live in a good signal area!) but have only been having the issue for the last 10 days. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Krissi1510 It does look like there may be a potential fault with your local serving site (11041).

So we're able to look into this further for you, please contact us using the link in the private message I've sent. 

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the message, I have followed the link and sent the detail requested.   How soon can I expect a response please?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Krissi1510 I've just replied to your email. 

I am a fellow Storrington Vodafone user.  I have drawn a blank with Vodafone on this same issue.  They fail to acknowledge the problem and now no replies from them to my posts.  Their latest trick was to ask me a load of questions in a private message, asking me to reply via private message, which I did.  I then got a reply saying that due to high numbers of private messages they receive, they will not be replying!  Absolute idiots!

Alex, when can we all expect an update?  The issues still persist, almost a month now....

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Krissi1510 We've received confirmation that our Engineers have now made changes to the site to help improve things. Should you still be experiencing issues, please respond to the latest email that you have from our team and we'll feed this back to our Engineers.

@MVAndrews We're unable to respond to private messages however should you be continuing to experience signal issues, I've sent you another message with details to contact our dedicated team.

Please follow the steps provided and we can investigate this further.

This problem has started again, since yesterday.  All has been well since 10th October after your engineers made changes.