Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Signal issues and data issues

DAWIDDIMOW
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

EN4 New Barnet

1) The issue happens only in EN4 area where I work. Both indoors and outdoors.

2) The full postcode is EN4 8RF

3) The issue happens only with Vodafone simcard and only in this location. I have second sim card in the phone from Virgin that works perfect.

4) I cannot make calls out or in, data fluctuates from 4G!  (exclamation mark) to H+ but no real data is delivered. Sometimes calls dont come in. Text messages either. Cannot log in or use MyVodafone app either. Have to survive on third party wifi and third party sim from different provider.

5) Happens on all bands and ONLY IN THIS POSTCODE and the area of NEW BARNET

6) Approx 2 months days ago.

7) The issue is intermittent. I receive texts and information about missed calls every now and then. However I cannot use my unlimited calls and texts and data. This is taking too long.

Back in second half of August there were issues reported and apparently sorted with the local Vodafone mast. I confirmed and reported with online chat assistant that the issue was reported as resolved by the technical crews but on test for couple of days. But clearly the issue is still present!

This is the last response I received:

Good morning @ DAWIDDIMOW  I hope you're doing well

I'm sorry that you're still experiencing network issues, I appreciate that this has been going on for quite some time now. 

I've checked your postcode and one of your local masts is completely offline and is having some extensive repair work carried out on it. Our engineers are working as hard as they can to get this job finished as soon as possible so we can get everyone back up and running. 

Unfortunately, as we do have a mast down in your area this does have a knock on effect in that the other local masts have to take on extra traffic which causes some congestion. Once the repair work is completed, normal network services should resume quickly. 

I am sorry for all of the frustration and inconvenience caused by this. As soon as you are fully back up and running, please get in touch with the Social Media team here  and we can make adjustments to your bill for any time you have had a disrupted service.

SITUATION IS NOT RESOLVED. Im paying for something I am not receiving in 21st century in busy part of North London!!!!  This is unacceptable people!!! When my contract expire I will switch the provider after being loyal customer for many years.

8 REPLIES 8

MarkD

Hi @DAWIDDIMOW, we would love to take a look at this in more detail as we can see the 4G coverage should be good in the area, but 3G is showing as good outdoors only. Please drop us a private message using Facebook or Twitter, the contact details can be found here. When you drop us a message, please include your Community username, we can also check what's happening with the My Vodafone App as well 🙂

Thank you for the quick response. Unfortunately I do not have social media (LinkedIn only) so can't get in touch in any other way. Toby is useless as well. I wish I could speak directly to someone from the technical department and also billing department as I'm not getting what I'm paying for.

Last time I complained here in the Community I was told by Steph that the mast in N12 is apparently not working. Hence the other masts are struggling to compensate for that. But that was long time ago. I'm getting frustrated that N12 issue is still not resolved and affecting me in EN4 postcode. Also the status checker and coverage map is very misleading as I can guarantee you that 90% of the time I have no signal and absolutely no data in EN4 8RF

One of the masts in the local area is being decommissioned and this is due to a new development happening by the owners of the land. The networking team are looking at temporary solutions to improve the signal in the area. We know that you've previously tried our Live Chat team, it would be great if you could try again so they can determine what masts your number is connected to. 

Ok. Thank you. 

I did get in touch with Live chat support and did swap my SIM card around different devices and no luck. Turns out there is local issue about to be resolved (apparently) soon. 

We are also having issues in the N21 2SE area (Winchmore Hill).  Are we experiencing the same disruptions as David in EN4?  These issues have now been going on for 2 weeks - we cannot make calls or receive and when we do it very intermittent.  Very rarely are we even getting to 4G!  I've never had problems since I've been with Vodafone which is since around 1997!  Please can you let me know when we can expect to receive a resolution.

I'm not sure that I am particularly pleased with the excuse of "due to developments going up" we have to receive poor signal - surely Vodafone should take this up with the developers??  perhaps they would like to cover the costs of our bills?  

Anyway rant over - if you are able to provide an update on whether we are experiencing the same as EN4 that would be great.  Cheers

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JoanneR7 - I understand how important it is to stay connected. I can see we're aware of a network issue in your area and we're working hard to get this fixed. I'm sorry for any disruption. 
You can register for the latest updates online

Thanks for your response.  The issues did go on for over two weeks (a long time to be unable to use your phone for calls or to receive calls), however seems to have been sorted now!

Thanks for the update @JoanneR7, we're happy to hear that the service is back up & running again and we're sorry the inconvenience caused.