Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow 4G speeds

dlp3871
2: Seeker

Why is vodafone so slow? The max speed I have got in my area is 25MBPS and we have full 4G bars.

o2 have L08+L21 but vodafone only have L08 even in a busy town center (nuneaton) all the other networks have carrier aggregation in my  area but vodafone don't. The speeds I usually get are 10-15MBPS which is slow. On o2 I get 100MBPS and EE I get 226mbps and on three I get 180MBPS. Its ridiculous that 10MBPS is "well within" your average 4G speed. Ridiculous. Vodafone are the worst network! 😠 😡 

21 REPLIES 21

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @dlp3871 

Is there anything showing for your local or surrounding masts via the Vodafone status-checker  ?

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template  may also hold some help. The team here can look at your answers to the template and report back to the Networking Teams.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @dlp3871 

I am not sure how you are reading those speeds on O2 and EE.  According to Open Signal, if you Google 4 G. co.uk (How fast is 4G) I am unable to post a link due to being a third party site,  you will see that the maximum download speed for O2 is 14.61 mbps and you should get an upload speed of 7.2 mbps and for EE a download speed 28.99 mbps.

If you are receiving 10 to 15 mbps on Vodafone you are getting reasonable 4G data speeds, but this will of course depend on bandwidth at your location and whether you are connected to a 4G + advanced network.

There is further information on 4G+ here:  What is 4G/4G+ and how do I connect to it? 

You can check the speed you will be able to receive at each location from the Coverage Checker at the top of the page. You can also check your data speed from the My Vodafone Application.   The Open Signal application is available for download here :  Open Signal 

It's been slow for ages. All the other networks have rolled out carrier aggregation apart from Vodafone. When will Vodafone roll out carrier aggregation in my area? The coverage checker says nothing about this. I want to join the unlimited data plan on voxi but I can't because vodafone are so slow. 

BandOfBrothers

@dlp3871 wrote:

It's been slow for ages. All the other networks have rolled out carrier aggregation apart from Vodafone. When will Vodafone roll out carrier aggregation in my area? The coverage checker says nothing about this. I want to join the unlimited data plan on voxi but I can't because vodafone are so slow. 

As per this Vodafone Blog they have @dlp3871 

blog.vodafone.co.uk/2018/11/09/vodafone-uk-voted-best-network-in-the-trusted-reviews-awards-2018. 

"We’re also using clever ‘carrier aggregation’ tech to improve bandwidth where the demand is at its highest. All told, we’ve improved capacity at over 4,000 4G sites across the UK, increasing peak download speeds in places like Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Glasgow, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester, Sheffield and loads more besides."

Some older tech blog.

theregister.co.uk/AMP/2014/10/15/vodafone_does_it_in_two_places_at_the_same_time.  and trustedreviews.com/opinion/what-is-vodafone-s-carrier-aggregation-britain-gets-lte-a. 

Current Phone  >

dont mate the vodafone is the worst i have been promised 10mbps for 40 pound i get 0.78 and its been going on since last september and hasnot been rectified but i still have to pay 40 everymonth stay away from vodafone and the matter worse is the customer service oh wow

Your 4G/4G+ Vodafone link doesn't exsist

TeddsMedia

Hi there, I'm getting really annoyed at vodafone. The 4G speed in my area is horrific. I get between 5-15 MBPS on vodafone. All the other networks EE, Three and o2 have upgraded there masts. On EE I get 226mbps on three i have got 180MBPS and on o2 i have 100mbps. Vodafone only have one 4G carrier (L08) and even the town centre hasn't been upgraded. EE have L26+L18+L08, o2 have L21+L08 and Three have L21+L18+L14+L08. The area I live in (nuneaton) has loads of people and the vodafone network cant keep up.

Why should we have to suffer "because you don't see the profit" most of the uk dosent have 4G+ on vodafone. I really want to join voxi but I cant because the horrific speeds.

Sort it out vodafone! 😡

BandOfBrothers

On using the Vodafone network checker what does it say that you should expect to recieve @TeddsMedia 

》 Status-checker. 

One way to try and help your situation is to please consider filling out this template and copy and pasting it back here for the Vodafone Social Media Teams to pass this back to the Vodafone Networking Teams.

》 Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @TeddsMedia 

There was a thread not very long ago with the same Nuneaton 4G enquiry with a different user name where there has been replies.  I am wondering is this is you with a different user name. 

If this is correct both threads can be merged together.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Network-queries/Slow-4G-speeds/td-p/2648243

edit.  @TeddsMedia   I have merged your new thread to the existing enquiry to save duplication.