Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Slow 4G speeds

dlp3871
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Why is vodafone so slow? The max speed I have got in my area is 25MBPS and we have full 4G bars.

o2 have L08+L21 but vodafone only have L08 even in a busy town center (nuneaton) all the other networks have carrier aggregation in my  area but vodafone don't. The speeds I usually get are 10-15MBPS which is slow. On o2 I get 100MBPS and EE I get 226mbps and on three I get 180MBPS. Its ridiculous that 10MBPS is "well within" your average 4G speed. Ridiculous. Vodafone are the worst network! 😠 😡 

21 REPLIES 21

Yes It might be but I forgot my password to my old account

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@TeddsMedia wrote:

Yes It might be but I forgot my password to my old account

If you click on forgotten password, you will be sent an email to reset your password and will be able to log in using your original user name.  If you have any further log in issues, post back and this will be picked up by the Team.

Try a VPN post your results.

a decent one like NordVPN or Express that use high amounts of bandwidth.

can get a free trail from app stores.

remember to cancel after x days to stop been charges

Hey 👋  I've been complaining at Vodafone since August 2021 over data speed.. I regularly recieve 0.00mbps to 0.50mbos download speeds, meaning i cannot use 4G/4G+. I rely on 3G crap speeds (while paying for Unlimited Max Entertainment) but 3G is getting switched off! 😫 sick and tired of the so called "customer support". I have countless screen recordings of speed tests and recorded phonecalls. 

Hey @djsylambert It's disappointing to hear that you have been having so many issues with your speeds. Have you spoken to the Social Media team at all so they can get this looked into and possibly raise a case to our engineers for you? If you haven't already spoken to them, please pop them a message here

Hi Steph, 

Thanks for your reply. I'm just going to vent a little here, please don't take it personally 🙃......

I haven't spoken to anyone on here or social media but I've had plenty of contact with many different people via "Support, Complaints, Billing & Tech". 

I've even called OfCom & CISAS within the last couple weeks since I received email regarding a bill increase. Made me furious considering the last 9 months service. I've demanded Deadlock notice and have struggled to even get official acknowledgement of my complaint. Doesn't help the fact that there's a language/understanding barrier between me and every person that's been intouch (English not being their 1st language) This resulted in so many hours repeating myself over  over and over and over again. Notes missing from the system etc etc. Absolute joke. Complaints Code of Conduct has NEVER been adhered to, not even once.

A new sim is being sent today as a last ditch attempt to correct the 4G/+ issue, which again is a waste of time since it simply doesn't work on Vodafone. To make it worse, 3G is getting switched off.. so it's a big middle finger from Vodafone to people like me with more than a year remaining on a ridiculous £50+ phone contract (and trying to keep up with it after losing your job & on benefit is just insane) that doesn't do what you're paying for. Example..  

It took me 10minutes to get through 4 minutes of a video yesterday, at the lowest possible resolution of 144p... this is a regular occurrence on

MAX UNLIMITED with ENTERTAINMENT. 

Screenshot_20220430-153842_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20220430-153946_Speedtest.jpg

 tell me that's acceptable for £48pm.. now raised to £53pm. I have no choice but use 3G with speeds around 2mbps. I have loads more screenshots and Video uploaded to my YouTube channel as proof. Would you pay what I'm paying with the above? I've told 'managers' in support that I'm done and want to leave Vodafone. Terminate the contract and I'll go elsewhere 

Your frustration and anger is completely understandable @djsylambert and I take no offense. I would react the same were I in a similar situation. 

I appreciate that you have been back and forth with many agents already and you have had an awful experience quite frankly, for which I can't apologise enough. 

Our Social Media team is UK based and everyone in the team is trained to deal with network queries and issues. I won't push you to do it because I know you must be tired of speaking to people now, but if you drop a message to the Social Media team here with your account information along with your postcode, they can run a detailed series of checks on not only your device and SIM but the network itself.

If there is an issue with the network in your area that hasn't already been raised, they can raise a case to the network engineers who will investigate and resolve this. The last thing we want is to have someone left with no service whatsoever when 3G is shut off.

Hi Steph,

I4G/4G+ issues have been persistent in my area for a long time and ove complained a ridiculous number of times. 

I was in the LS10 area yesterday and 4G/4G+ works excellently there, I almost reached 100mbps.. but I've come back home to LS11 and my DL speed is often 0.01 and UL not exsistent. I have no choice but to use 3G (H/H+)

At least this has confirmed that 4G+ does actually work, just not in my area of the city. I just recieved a replacement SIM card from you guys so will do the swap and fingers crossed it helps, but I doubt it. It's got to be a network problem locally 

Just get rid vodafone if possible its getting awful day by day no any sight of improving anytime soon

Unfortunately I'm tied into a contract until March 2023 so it's not so easy 😫 just took near 8mins to load the site up. New sim has arrived and number swap is in process. This is the last straw though. If it doesn't fix (which I'm 99.9% positive it wont) then if they want to keep my custom they should allow me to swap my device for the 5G model. That should resolve it since its the 4G that's the issue (unless 5G is bad here too)