main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Something Unidentified Disrupting Service?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hello,

I bought a second hand (excellent condition) Samsung A5 android smartphone back in August and it was locked to Vodaphone, so I stuck with the network :-) Since the end of August I've been experiencing great difficulties making and receiving calls despite the network coverage being healthy (four-five bars) and recently checking the coverage directly with Vodaphone and being told its strong.

People cannot hear me on the other end of the line when I'm at home in my flat, but it seems fine outside. I live in central Newcastle upon Tyne so wouldn't anticipate problems. The only other cause might be down to living in a tower blocks with cladding.

Any thoughts, avenues of exploration to try or advice would be welcome!

SuperSuze

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

Hey @SuperSuze 

Unfortunately all networks suffer from mast congestion at times which wouldn't show on the Network Status Checker,  and fringe coverage which can affect a persons user experience.

The Vodafone Network Checker is 》 status-checker to check your local and surrounding masts. 

Here is a help thread with a template you could use 》 Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template. 

The materials a building is made from and thickness of walls and in some cases reflective windows (mainly business residences) and trees / new buildings etc can all affect signal.

A person can choose to use a Sure Signal Device which costs a one off £70 and works off Home Broadband Wifi can be a resolution.

Also for a person using an eligible phone and tariff can use Vodafone wi-fi-calling for calls but not texting at this time.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

Thanks, BandofBrothers.

I did run the Vodaphone Network Checker several months ago (and just repeated it) and it always shows excellent service inside and out for 2G, 3G and 4G for my postcode.

Guess, it will remain a mystery. Also people on the other end of the line complain about crackling and my voice sounding "far away" but this doesn't occur on my end and the phone seems to work beautifully.

Strange! Maybe it is the building itself.

View more options
17: Community Champion

You're very welcome @SuperSuze 

Yes possibly the building or it's possibly mast congestion which wouldn't show on the Network Checker.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options