main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Strict NAT 3 type on 4g gigacube

Highlighted
2: Seeker

We got a 4g gigacube as BT doesn't give us anything over 1mbps. I mainly ordered this for my ps4 Pro, but the strict NAT type 3 is a problem when it comes to party calls and unstable networks online. 

Is there a way I can change it to a NAT type 2 or even NAT type 1?

View more options
9 REPLIES 9
1: Seeker

Hi, 

i have just just spent hours on the phone with them about this same problem for my xboxonex, 

i had seen that voda were offering unlimited data and thought I would give it a go as it is around 10mbps faster than my 3mobile connection. With 3mobile I have an open NAT type and no problems, soon as I plugged in the voda sim into my unlocked HUAWEI router it is strict.

They did not seem to listen to me at all on the phone! ‘It’s a problem with your router sir’. 

I have read a bit on older forums about this problem and all I can come up with is about a public IP address. But they won’t Listen or give me an answer on it.

View more options

@Spacedad96 I'm sorry you're having this issue. I've had a closer look and found from one of our threads previously that when you tether via any mobile device, the PlayStation will automatically change your NAT to NAT Type 3, which means that the access is restricted. You'll have access to the internet, but you may struggle to download or upload any data. I'd recommend trying to change your DNS to Google DNS (8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4). You can do this by following these steps:

1. Go to Settings
2. Go to Network
3. Go to Set Up Internet Connection
4. Select Wi-Fi/LAN depending on what you use to connect
5. Select Custom
6. IP Address Settings - Automatic
7. DHCP Host Name - Do Not Specify 
8. DNS Settings - Manual Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8. Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4.

@Tap82 It's a shame to hear you're having similar issues with you XBox, I appreciate how frustrating this must be. I've had a closer look and found this link for you to try - please let me know how you both get on.

View more options
2: Seeker

After changing the DNS it still says NAT type 3.

View more options

Hi loz.

i have tried this already. Any other advice would be greatly accepted, I have about 10 days left on my cool off period so will keep trying. 

I have spoken to HUAWEI, they said it was to do with the Xbox, and Xbox said it was my provider. 

The thing that is pointing the blame back to Voda for me is that I swapped back to my 3 mobile sim and it worked perfectly, instantly. Put the voda one back in, NAT type start back to strict. It is also now saying that there is an MTU problem when my voda sim is in, but again as soon as I put my 3 mobile sim back into the same router, no issues what so ever.

View more options

@Spacedad96 @Tap82 I've done a little digging on this and it's been confirmed to me that the GigaCube, is Nat 3 restricted at the moment. As it stands, we haven't been advised whether this will change or not. I'm really sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

View more options

Hi colleen

I work for Vodafone and have just taken one of our unlm sims and placed it in a tp link router so not one of our own and am getting the same issues which must mean it lies with the network not the devices, some one must be able to give a more explanatory answer for reasons why this is occurring if the 3 network can supply this then so can Vodafone surely. Unfortunately like a few people I live in the middle of no where and our broadband is terrible, this is why I was going to use to try and use this sim to fix the issue but with this Nat type messing with my ability to game and use the connection how it should be able to be used makes it all a bit counterproductive to pay for it. 

View more options

I am using a HUAWEI b525-23a, not a problem with 3 mobile. Disappointed in Vodafone for not being able/ not wanting too help on this matter. 

Makes me rethink all my contracts with them.

View more options

I also have same issues with Nat type and it is due to public ip and Vodafone network running ristricted Nat Vodafone really need to look at 3 network and see how they are doing it as Nat type is open after port forwarding is done router end not network end please could Vodafone look into this as I finally have bandwidth on a restricted network 

View more options

Well that’s it then, bye bye Vodafone, after several hours on the phone with them, being past from pillar to post I have given up. Last option they suggested was a VPN, but that made no differance at all. Would not listen when I mentioned a public IP address even on a business contract. Really disappointed with them. Still with 3 mobile and everything is working fine, just about 10mbps slower.

View more options