main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

Strict NAT 3 type on 4g gigacube

Highlighted
4: Newbie

May I ask how it was considered fixed?

View more options
Highlighted

Hi the cause is carried grade Nat the fix is ipv6 dual stack this will allow user to gain full ability to control own firewall it will also enable routers you supply to work correctly and allow to forward ports I will love feedback on this 

View more options
Highlighted

Sadly even if they do this it won't help people on PSN as Sony are just as bad as ISP's and have also refused to support IPV6 so far. So from that prespective the only solution is to let users buy a routed setup on IPV4 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi any update on this Vodafone?

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Ash194, no updates as of yet - the team are continuing with their testing so this can be resolved.

View more options
Highlighted

Is it IPV6 they are testing or are they testing a way on how to work with services like PSN with the existing CGNAT?

View more options
Highlighted
Administrator
Administrator

A fix was implemented along with the support of Sony and from our testing we believed the issue to be resolved. We've not been provided any further details on the work that's being done - we're just waiting on an update from the team with additional information. 

View more options
Highlighted

I know sometimes networking teams like examples so here is mine. https://share.icloud.com/photos/07hJ_fYrX-VRSbCzdiJgc7RYQ#Salford 

View more options
Highlighted

Is there any update on this yet?

View more options
Highlighted

Doubt they know what they are talking about cgnat won't allow us to game until we get dual stack and static ip we will alway have a problem it's not fit for purpose and cgnat does not work I'm stuck in contact till 2 years now. While this network still fails to deliver these issues are not present with three mobile and EE not sure how they fixed cgnat but they have tell your engineers to start there 

View more options
Highlighted

Same here I'm also stuck in a contract with something that's no good. There wonderful engineers even destroyed the 5G coverage in this area which they refuse to accept so this service is even worse for me now.

View more options
Highlighted

The Vodafone engineers have improved the network in my area. Now able to get 100 mbps stable 5G. Sadly still constantly getting kicked off of games on PSN due to the strict nat. @Vodafone you mentioned about a month ago you were waiting to hear back from the team working with Sony to resolve this, any news? This thread goes back a bit now.

View more options
Highlighted

Unfortunately working with Sony won't help they need to work with their cg-Nat what ever Vodafone are using it's not fit for purpose we should have the ability to open our own ports each game is different and vodafone cg-Nat is to strict I'm not clued up enough what the fix is but ee seem to have it under control and three network has it worked out I believe dual stack and Nat 44 or Nat 64 is the fix but what do I know I'm just a unhappy customer who is stuck in a contact and can't use internet with out restrictions 

View more options
Highlighted

I was reading about NAT444 last night it allows CGNAT to still be used but works well with stuff like PSN, don't know why Vodafone  don't simply switch to that. I know it's a big deal but with more and more people making the switch to 5G these types of complaints will grow. Vodafone really should take the bull by the horns, this has been complained about on this forum alone since 2017.

View more options
Highlighted

Yeah it's a shame that a large company like Vodafone don't know what they are doing and average customer know what they need to do I'm no network engineer but I question how much of a network engineer their employees are seem clueless yet they are still advertising 5g for gaming ridiculous and I hope someone fixes that before they get done for false advertising again after the unlimited packages where advertised wrongly 

View more options
Highlighted

I quite agree their front line staff have no understanding or experience. I am also not a networking engineer but I have worked in telecoms for 10 years supporting US cell tower engineers with fault isolation and assisting with the remote side of upgrades. I am no genius but I have been blown away by the total lack of knowledge the staff have even in apparent technical teams. Not easy to get stuff sorted when I have to dumb things down just to try and progress issues. And reaching  anybody in Vodafone that even knows what RSSI and VSWR readings are  is tantamount to asking for a chat with the pope.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi All, we're still looking into this to allow you all uninterupted access to the PS4 network through a Gigacube connection and will be sure to update everyone here when we do get this 👍 In the meantime, as a work around, if you connect through a VPN you should be able to adjust this and able to connect without any issues.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

I know this is a gigacube thread but it's not just a problem with the gigacube, I have tried 3 different VPN providers but still NAT type strict. ( using a heuwai b525 router that works great with 3 mobile) it is a network issue surely.

View more options
Highlighted

I can tell you it's definitely Nat issue vodafone need to adapt this to Nat 444  and also consider ipv6 dual stack at the moment they are false advertising stating that's the network is capable of gaming on 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Tap82 Are you struggling to vconnect when hotspoting through a mobile broadband connection, or is it a home broadband service you're struggling to use.

View more options