main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Strict NAT 3 type on 4g gigacube

Tap82
2: Seeker

I am using a HUAWEI b525 router with a SIM card, on three mobile it is working with a open NAT type and gaming is not a problem, but when I put my Vodafone sim in the same router the NAT type is strict, connecting is not an issue it is the limited gaming freedom with a strict NAT type.

View more options
Ash194
5: Helper

Don't worry it's still being looked into they are just waiting to hear back from CERN πŸ™‚

View more options
james948

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of this too. Can't game on NAT type D on my 5g gigacube at all. 

View more options
Ash194

I honestly think Vodafone aren't going to resolve this. This have been looking into it for so long it's clear it won't be resolved 

View more options
Pubgrundy

My 5g gigacube arrived today. I asked in-store about gaming - was told gaming was fine, asked about it in the online chat - was told that it was great for gaming.

It has arrived and I'm getting anywhere between 8mb-130mb without moving it an inch.

I thought THAT was going to be an issue.

I do a network test on the ps4 - "NAT Type 3" - OH GOD.

Why oh why are they STILL advertising this as home internet replacement!

You cannot use your home console on strict NAT Types!

Please, Vodafone, you are supposed to be the experts!!!

View more options
CartoonHead
4: Newbie

Until they change their carrier grade Nat it's useless for gaming 

View more options
james948

Yeah, I'm about six months into an 18 month contract and I've only just realised I can't game on it. 

I always thought it was something that I just needed to solve with a change to my settings. 

I don't know what to do. I've ordered the three router and am going to hash it out with Vodafone on Monday. 

It makes me so angry because I suspect they'll say even if I cancel my contract I'll still have to pay for remainder of the router. 

View more options
Ash194

Really wish Vodafone would give us all an update. This was allegedly escalated weeks ago, can we have an update please? I'm so sick and tired of being kicked out of games. We are all locked down at the moment and need things to keep us entertained. I have wasted money trying different VPN services but it seems the built in VPN settings of the Gigacube don't work with them. I don't have the cash to buy a flashed router nor should I have to go out and spend tons of money. This is totally insane online gaming has been around for decades we should not be having to beg Vodafone to fix this.  Why don't you advertise it honestly, write on the box and in your shop windows that it's a Chinese Internet simulator. 

View more options
james948

I'm six months into the contract; I don't think they'll allow me to return the Gigacube itself :Sad_face:

View more options
Pubgrundy

I suppose that makes me lucky.

Mine only arrived today so I can take advantage of the 14 day return policy.

On the web chat ATM with a genius technician who isn't listening when I tell him that my routers address is 192.168.8.1 and not 192.168.1.1 which is what he keeps telling me to go to, despite the fact that it just times out every time I've tried.

This is going to be a long night

View more options
james948

I can't believe you managed to get in touch with someone. There was a two hour wait to get on the phone with them today bc of Covid. 

View more options
Ash194

View more options
Ash194

Dear comrades of Vodafone it's been several weeks since you escalated the worries of your people. The workers are now in lockdown and now depend on your Chinese Internet simulator more than ever. Please could you let us know what the party chairman has allowed? Are the people now allowed to Game? Please have mercy on your people, slay the great CGNAT dragon that breaths fire on PlayStation and xboxes. 

View more options
jd21uk

I'd like to add my vote to get this resolved. The service and speeds have been great on my 5G Gigacube but not being able to game online on my Switch is really disappointing. I was previously able to on my Three 4G service so this is especially surprising and disappointing

View more options
james948

Yeah I switched to three and now have no problems whatsoever. 

View more options
Ash194

Were you at the end of your contract with Vodafone? Or did you managed to find a way to show them just how unreasonable it is to keep you locked in contract with something that's so limited?

View more options
Mrbubba999
3: Seeker

I switched to Vodafone 4G for our Internet, as Vodafone fibre was poor. 

I didn't realise at the time that NAT would be an issue, I thought port forwarding for my Xbox one X would work...... Turns out it doesn't. 

Is there a way round it?

I have a Teltonika RUT240 modern with Google Mesh WiFi managing everything (also have a spare Hauwei B525 router) 

If switching to another network is the only option, which one does the best unlimited data like Vodafone? 

I have 2 contracts with Vodafone, I guess I'll be cancelling both. My current speed drops to around 4mb during the day, but once we get passed 11pm, it shoots up to 16 to 20mb (Vodafone blaming the lockdown) 

View more options
james948

The latter. It took me three days and speaking to probably seventeen people, being passed around different departments; them arguing with me but eventually I got it cancelled. I had about 11 months left on my contract. Have had no problems with three. 

View more options
Ash194

I think I will go down the Ofcom route as I have been complaining for over 8 weeks by a long way. I can't be doing with the scripted pleasentries and massively lacking technical comprehension any longer. Sounds like you have also had a good dose of the "I'm sorry to hear that don't worry I'm here to help get your problem  solved today" merry go round. 

View more options
Ash194

I have now made an official complaint to Ofcom will keep this space updated on how I get on. 

View more options