main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Strict NAT 3 type on 4g gigacube

joetcurrie
2: Seeker

It is time to give up on this guys! I wasted £100s on my contract waiting for this to be sorted out as Vodafone promised, yet nothing has been done.  I also spent ages working out why my smart plugs/remote connections we not working which ended up being the same CGNAT/double-nat issue! It's not just console gaming that this prevents.

I now has a three sim with unlimited data and has been working perfectly with no NAT issues whatsoever, all smart plugs working and gaming without interruption. The only downside is three has been a bit slower, but it is an easy tradeoff to have everything work as it should. 

Dont waste time and money on VPNs and workarounds - Just switch networks and forget about it!

View more options
Pubgrundy

Yup

Listen to him.

Glad I was able to leave my contract.

Accept the loss, move on.

Vodafone are NOT a viable home broadband replacement.

View more options
cabal5935

OK, really sorry it's been a while. Tech called me back a couple of times and then didn't bother, still going around in circles to be honest. I work in a school so the start of term has been insanely busy with teachers running live lessons remotely, I just haven't had time to sit down and chase them. I've given them a call just now and wasted another hour of my life trading water again. No idea if they're going to do anything but again we wait for a callback. Kinda worried they're not even going to bother passing on my message tbh. Like when you ask someone in Sainsburys to check out the back and they just go and stand round the corner for a few minutes then come back and say they've checked.

I'll try to update more regularly, but people should totally be demanding rebates, refunds or switching networks if they can. Because at least then you know it will work.

View more options
Ash194
5: Helper

I gave up on trying to resolve this with Vodafone. Despite this being a large and old thread none of the moderators have bothered to update us on their apparent escalation which speaks volumes. I have managed to get stadia working quite well now despite some initial issues. We are selling both our PlayStation’s, what else can you do. Just goes to show how important government regulation is. At the moment providers are enjoying the fruits of this type of broadband being pretty much  unregulated, I look forward to when that ends.

View more options
cabal5935

Sorry to report that they continue to ignore me. I call and complain, I get 1 call back and then nothing. It then takes me an hour to re-explain and try to get things moving again. I just can't be bothered to keep doing this any more. It's clear they have no intention of achnologing this, which is very disappointing.

Sorry that I wasn't able to get an answer for you guys. I'd recommend everyone who is concerned by this to change networks as soon as possible. It's an appaulingly poor example of customer services, not impressed. I'll be moving all of my servies from Vodafone when contracts finish.

View more options
NiallMcCann

Hi,

I just purchased my 5G Gigacube last week, and I've just plugged it in to try play games and it wont work at all.... The NAT type is a serious issue and i'll be cancelling my contact tomorrow unless i can find a resolution to this. I even asked the sales representative from Vodaphone if i can game on it without any issues, and he said yes nobody has complained before.. then i read this thread and i was shocked!

Can you give us a direct answer about the NAT Type Issue please?

Thanks,

Niall

View more options
KFL
3: Seeker

Really wish i knew about this problem before. Tied into a contract with these and I've passed the return time. So gutted as this was the selling point for me. Is there anyway i can get out of this contract?

View more options
Pubgrundy

Get your return sorted asap.

There is no possible fix.

The NAT type 3 is network wide. It isn't the router itself.

If you have decent signal through Three Mobile in your area, you can get the same router with their 5g and it's open NAT (or type 2) but Vodafone are the ONLY network in the UK with this ridiculous issue.

But they won't be able to help you, so don't get stuck with their substandard product.

View more options
Pubgrundy

Yes. Complain complain complain.

It's not fit for purpose.

View more options
cabal5935

Yes, if it's a new contract cancel and run away! Customer services don't understand this issue and you'll just waste time not getting a solution. There are other networks that do not filter the Xbox/PSN protocols, see other's posts on here for some examples. Always test everything before the cooling off period ends.

If you're already stuck in then VPNs work, I've been using Surfshark on my daughter's PC for MC Bedrock and it's still working great. That should be a solution for anyone who is stuck in contract for a while, was only £40 for 2 years with the deal I've posted on here before.

View more options
NiallMcCann

Would you recommend SurfShark over ExpressVPN for PC gaming? ExpressVPN focus on gaming from what I can see on their website!

thanks,

Niall

View more options
Ash194

Nice to see their sales teams are blatantly lying to customers. We are counting down the days until we are out of contract on this ridiculous service with such a massive drawback which Vodafone have decided to just ignore. Take this forum for for instance they allegedly escalated this issue months ago and then we never heard back from them. I even directly messaged Natasha who apparently escalated and still got ignored. We have just sold our playstations on eBay and switched to google Stadia. Works great however even on their 5G service we are often plagued by very poor speeds which spoils the Stadia experience. I think this goes to show they are just crap all round.

View more options
CartoonHead
4: Newbie

If you game on pc I would recommend wtfast it’s not vpn it’s a gpn designed for gaming it will open ports on most games that require It also It reduces ping it’s pricey going direct but you can find deal through third party Wtfast will not reduce speeds either

View more options
NiallMcCann

Wtfast sounds like a good option, I just has anyone actually used it before I go ahead and try it out?

View more options
CartoonHead

I’m 12 month in mate I signed up to 5g on launch and gave up trying to get Vodafone to help wtfast is great mate I play a lot of different games on pc all with no issue and low ping 

View more options
edotman

Really annoyed this has not been fixed. I am using my mobile personal hotspot and I have never had this issue with any of my previous providers and am even considering leaving everything seemed fine until i ran into this issue. Please keep us in the loop sooner rather than a few updates every few months that it is being looked into. 

View more options
CartoonHead

They also have free beta built in to some router I got the asus ax11000 it has a wtfast app built into router interface that allows my kids to play on PS4 but you have manual make changes as only works on one device and if you change game you have to do it in router but does work now and again and they working on Getting it past beta 

View more options
NiallMcCann

Great thanks mate! I might go for Express VPN first as they advise their services for gamers & I only need it for casual gaming, I may as well make use of their VPN service too. I get a 30 day money back guarantee so I’ll try them first and see how it goes. If it’s bad, I’ll definitely be using WTFast, nice one :). However I’ll be chasing vodafone for money off my 5G contract. What useless service!

View more options
Ash194

I had hoped that with the over 5000 views this thread has maybe someone in the legal profession might consider taking Vodafone on over this. 

View more options
NiallMcCann

Just to add, does anything think their parental controls are still active on their Vodafone account? I removed mine today, and although the NAT type is still strict, I did manage to connect to a game. Whereas last night I couldn’t play at all. Any thoughts? 

View more options