main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Strict NAT 3 type on 4g gigacube

Tap82
2: Seeker

I have helped out a friend on BT fiber who could not connect their Xbox, that was due to parental control. Took it of and then worked fine. When I started my contract I asked for all controls to be off, just checked and they are off but won’t let me on ‘some’ websites as it says parental controls are still on, but on the app they are off, had a quick search on the forums and this is another issue from Vodafone.  

View more options
cabal5935

Most of us have all of these turned off, I'd never leave anything like that enabled on any connections of mine. For Xbox Live it's only the ptp gameplay that seems effected. (I don't use PSN so can't comment on this) You can play on hosted servers fine regardless. My daughter plays with her friends on their shared worlds, which is why I needed the VPN. She's been using the SurfShark for a while now and it seems to be really good. When I did the ping test to the xbl services it was the same with or without the VPN so I assume that games that require a lower ping shouldn't be effected much. Can't be beaten on price really, average of £1.48 per months with the "boss" code. I can't say how it would work via a console, I have a 360 but I barely touch it. Whether you'd need to do something specific to make it work. Best thing is to read their setup guides, potentially buy and make sure you can use it as you need to before the 30 day no quibble refund period is over.

View more options
Ash194
5: Helper

Hi guys I am just checking in on this thread as I’m curious if anything has changed? Been on Stadia a while now so I’m no longer affected. But I just wanted to see if finally anything has changed for the better? Not that much longer and this thread will have its first birthday 😀

View more options
Stubbo

Hey @Ash194 

There's still no change as of yet - rest assured, we're working on it!

Have a fab rest of the week 😎

View more options
mrbubba

It's been a year, how much longer will it take? My contract is up in September 

View more options
jackbarnes23

Has this been resolved yet? I have attempted to play online games on my PS4 Pro but unfortunately, it says that my NAT type is Strict (NAT type 3), and basically it's very rare for me to find a server that will allow me to play. Clearly this issue has been going on for a long time and I feel that as a community a lot of Vodafone members have this problem considering that some people are in 18-month contracts with these devices. We don't want to have NAT type issues for 18 months especially when it means we cannot access NAT 2 or NAT 1 servers.

View more options
KFL
3: Seeker

No don't do it

View more options
jackbarnes23

It's too late. The fastest speeds I could get in my area we're no more than 7Mbps because my area sucks for Wi-fi so too get a better speed for my gaming I had to get a Gigicube to get 20+ Mbps. I am not stuck with it for another 17 months and 2 weeks. Is there not someone at Vodafone or Huawei that can discuss this issue and find a way to update the device to provide NAT Type 2 or 1?

View more options
Tash

Hey there @jackbarnes23! Our team is currently working on a fix - at the moment we do only offer NAT 3. We're looking into a better resolution, which may also include changing to NAT 2.

If you and anyone on the thread could send over screenshots of the issues you're currently having, I can make sure this is fed back to the team. This will really help with their investigations and hopefully help in speeding things up 🤞

View more options
mrbubba

The team has currently been working on a fix for over a year has been no improvement whatsoever.

Gaming on this system is almost impossible my contract is up very soon and I'll be switching

View more options
CartoonHead
4: Newbie

The issues are obvious no port forwarding because Vodafone use nat44 carrier grade Nat to fix this Vodafone you need to implement ipv6 dual stack this will allow gigacube users to control their own nat please pass that on to your engineers no charge for my services but you can offer me a job but I have basic knowledge but still understand what is needed to fix the issue 

View more options
Beth

Hey all- Vodafone uses IPv4 at the moment, we're aware that we need to move to IPv6 for online gaming and NAT type 1. We are working on getting this updated as soon as we can 😊

View more options
KFL

Lol we've heard that before. Does anyone know which net provider would be best as im getting a new contract soon

View more options
Ash194
5: Helper

I think that sort of response is a little insulting considering this issue has been complained about on your forum for literally years. It's not fair to keep repeating this line again and again. 

View more options
Pubgrundy

That's great news... thank you, but is there ANY hint of a timeframe?

View more options
Tap82

I have been with 3 mobile for a few years as they had unlimited data. they have open NAT, using a HUAWEI b525 router, have tried other routers but they give a strict NAT, the combination of 3 mobile and the b525 router works great. A lot cheeper than voda too.

View more options
mrbubba

I think it'll either be Three or EE for me, although not sure on using the B525 router, had one before and it had its limitations

View more options
Tash

Hi all, 

For those experiencing issues with the NAT type, any recent screenshots you could send over to us would really help to speed up our investigations. If you could pop them into the thread here, I'll make sure they're passed along to the team.

View more options
Pubgrundy

http://imgur.com/a/2xAght1 

Photos won't upload. 

View more options
Xopher

EB6B075F-0855-4A7A-8A8E-6CF059115B50.jpeg

 Nat Type D. Won’t find or be found by online gaming servers.

View more options