main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Strict NAT 3 type on 4g gigacube

mrbubba
2: Seeker

Nat strict and double nat

View more options
mrbubba

Pictures aren't uploading 

View more options
Andy

Hi @Xopher, thanks for the screenshot, I have made sure this has been forwarded on to the correct team 😊

View more options
Ash194
5: Helper

Seems very odd that suddenly after a year of this thread being open pictures are being asked for when it has long been established that this a CGNAT issue. Has this only now been escalated to the relevant team? As many in IT and telecoms will know this is the kind of stuff that gets asked when raising a ticket to devs or NOC teams. What’s been happening for the last year??

View more options
jackbarnes23

I'm sorry but we need to get an answer. I have called on the phone about this issue too vodafone and they say changing the NAT type from NAT type 3 to anything else its not possible? So are you lying? Or saying this just to string us along on the contracts? We want to see action and soon because it's wouldn't be hard to resolve this issue if you actually put in some effort over the past 3 YEARS.

View more options
CartoonHead
4: Newbie

64647324-C9B6-49B5-8D2A-B0C00A7ADF61.jpeg

View more options
KFL
3: Seeker

Upload a picture?  Vodafone know what the issue is . Honestly this is getting ridiculous. 

View more options
Tap82

Asking those using 3 mobile to game with, which router do you use? Have been on the HUAWEI B525 have heard that it may not be the best. Any suggestions?

View more options
Hutchyotb
1: Seeker

I picked up a Vodafone sim today and experienced this issue with net 3 also. I just left three as the past 4months I had been getting 1-2mb download and every PS4 update would take 12-99+hrs. The latest update shows as 32hours. I put in the Vodafone sim today and it now shows as 8 hour download. Still poor but a little progress. 

I took up your advice and got the vpn surf shark. They have a tutorial there on adding it to the PS4. I have done this and will add feedback once I get a few games online during peak time. Thanks. 

On another note, I’m not to savvy with the internet technical side of things but I do work on a help desk diagnosing heavy machinery breakdowns and the feedback from Vodafone is atrocious on this issue. I get 24 hours to resolve or it is escalated to a higher authority. I’ve not seen issues remain ongoing for this length of time. Unreal. 

View more options
mrbubba

How does the surf shark vpn help? 

View more options
UA20

Hi,

I've recently signed up to Vodafone (still within the 14 day return period!) and came across this thread regarding NAT issues. I signed up to Surfshark as recommended and have attempted to connect to my consoles using both a hotspot with my laptop running the VPN or by entering the relevant details into the VPN section of my router. With both methods, my consoles connect fine but the NAT type is still strict. Am I doing something wrong?

Is using a VPN a viable option? Searching around the net, it seems to be possible, but I'm not having any luck. 

Any help is much appreciated!

View more options
CartoonHead

Vpn does not open ports but some can what I use is wtfast a gpn but I play via pc so works great 

View more options
CartoonHead

The best router in the world won’t change the fact that Vodafone use nat44 it is basically a firewall blocking nearly all ports you won’t be able to control any features for port forwarding because it’s done by Vodafone 

View more options
UA20

Thanks for the quick replies!

Ah so it sounds pretty hopeless then. Luckily I'm still within the refund period for both Vodafone and the VPN so I'll have to mull over my options and decide what to do. A shame really.

View more options
Xopher

It is possible. I have created a WiFi VPN using an iMac and it’s changed my Nat type from D to B on the Nintendo Switch.

It’s not ideal but Vodafone 4G is the only choice where I live in the countryside.

I use ExpressVPN and their customer service team helped me set it up.

View more options
Ash194

Good take it back it’s the only way Vodafone are going to learn. You will notice by the age off this thread they couldn’t give a hoot about what any of us think.

View more options
mrbubba

2 months since you posted and a few years since the 1st issue reported on... 

How are we getting on? 

My problems may be solved soon, as I have to move house, so I'll be using a proper broadband provider, would be nice to be able to use this in the meantime though

View more options
Ash194

I think they have been told by internal teams that nothing can be done but are also being told not to pass this on as it comes over as a poor level of customer service . The end result is the line we are now all too familiar with “it’s being looked into”

View more options
Evie

Hey @UA20 😊 I understand how frustrating this must be - especially as a fellow gamer!

So that we can get this looked into, could you add a screenshot the this thread of any NAT type errors you are getting on your consoles/devices? (Make sure they don't include any personal info) 📷

Also, what devices are trying to connect to?

View more options
UA20

2064DD93-782B-47D2-B159-109FF52C87FD.jpeg

A20AE98A-E297-45A8-829C-F527E402BF30.jpeg

Hi Evie,

Please see attached. The devices are a PS4 and Nintendo Switch which are both showing strict NAT. 

View more options