Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TD4 - Earlston

westwallpoma
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Post Title: 'First half of post code - Area' e.g. ST1 – Stoke-on-Trent

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

If I move to the rear of the property, it's possible to register with the network. 

2) What is the full postcode 

TD4 6AL

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

SIM cannot register with network. 

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

All    

6) When did you first notice this issue?

16th August 2017

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Phone has just lit up and gone absolutely tonto as a raft of SMSes burst though.  Sim is registered and in service with LTE.

I guess the engineer gave the mast a kick.  Cheers!

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi Your local masts are Ok but there's an issue with surrounding masts which maybe affecting your local masts if Vodafone are re routing network traffic to compensate. 

The Network Checker suggests your in a fringe coverage area too. 

The thickness of your house walls where Signal is lacking or issues such as weather conditions and population growth and trees or new buildings or extensions to existing buildings can affect signal.

Possible options could also be a Vodafone Sure Signal that costs £69 and creates a 3G signal in the home that works off Home Broadband Wifi or Calling Over Wifi for people with eligible contracts and handset types. 

IMG_1143.PNG

Vodafone Network Checker.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply.

Aye, I considered that.  Within the last two months or so however I could get *really* decent LTE access from the rear end of the property and 3G from the front (furthest away from the mast) ; so there had been some sort of improvement in the past few months after years of GPRS (at best).

The othe issue is the signal is okay-ish (the wilysis.com network signal app shows the mast is 3G and LTE capable and strong) but the phone fails to register on the network for voice calls.  So - just to be clear, the signal strength is good ; just cannot register on the network.

In addition ; cannot use a Suiresignal sadly as I'm on contract with Daisy.

Ah - news just in :

"Vodafone have said there are a couple of issues that might be affecting your coverage.  There is an unexpected network issue currently being worked on by engineers just to the east of Tweedbank and some planned maintenance on a cellsite just south of Earlston.  Both of these are potentially causing the issue.

There is on ETA for the Tweedbank cell but the Earlston maintenance should be complete by 16:30 this afternoon. I’d suggest re-booting your device this evening and let me know if you notice a change, if not I’ll escalate further."

The one south of Earlston - that's the one with the issue.  We'll see how things go from there.  Strange that nothing was listed on your main website?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@westwallpoma Thanks for letting us know - please keep us updated and let us know if you require any further help. :smileyhappy:

Phone has just lit up and gone absolutely tonto as a raft of SMSes burst though.  Sim is registered and in service with LTE.

I guess the engineer gave the mast a kick.  Cheers!

@westwallpoma - This is great news! Thanks for letting us know.

It’s good to hear everything’s back up and running. 🙂