Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

AlexHollleran
3: Seeker

Last Monday (06/02/2017) I noticed that my phone was unable to connect to any apps, safari etc. even though it was showing a 4G signal on my handset. I contacted Vodafone who told me there was an issue with my data allocation on my account and that I would be put through to the technical team in order to correct this. I then spoke to the technical team who informed me this would take up to an hour to correct which I was happy with.

I returned home later that evening and was still unable to use my data (much longer than the hour that I was told it would take) so I called back and was put back through to the technical team who then asked me to refresh some settings and change a few things around, again this didn't work but I was told this could take up to 24 hours, much longer that the original hour that I was first told!!

I then waited until I returned home from work the next day to give my phone plenty of time to correct the issue but again I was unable to use the data on my mobile.

I have since then contacted Vodafone on each day, some days on numerous occasions in order to try and get this issue resolved as I use my phone a lot for work purposes so this has obviously caused a lot of hassle.

Each time I contact Vodafone I am told a differant story: the higher technical team are working on this, it will take 24 hours, 3 days, 5 days, 10 days, your data has been  allocated incorrectly etc. It has now been 11 days and nothing has been resolved and not once have I been contacted by Vodafone to update me on what has happened or is going to happen and each time I call, I am told something new. So I am now unsure as to which of these stories are a lie, in fact I beleive each of these are a lie and I am just being told these as either a stalling tactic because no body has a clue what is happening or I am being told these just to simply get me off the phone.

I have been waiting to make an insurance claim on my handset, this is just for a cracked screen but I wouldn't want to do this right now simply because I wouldn't want to over complicate what is obviously an already very complicated situation for yourselves.

So due to the TERRIBLE customer service I have received, I am now walking around with a phone that looks terrible due to the cracked screen, this could have been sorted by now if I had the issue with my data corrected. I am also walking around with a phone that is quite simply pointless having without data, anyone with an iPhone will tell you they are useless without data/ wifi! I may as well walk around with my wifi only iPad, I might have more luck connecting to the internet through that.

Hopefully by contacting you through here I may finally get a response that is helpful becuase so far I have received no help at all. For a company that has just been fined millions for bad customer service, I would have thought you would have attempted to improve this service!

I look forward to hearing from you very soon!

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

As a fellow customer I'm not surprised your unimpressed with this. 

Yes practically any smartphone would be severely limited in what it can do with out data connection. 

Having your iPhone screen dealt with in the interim shouldn't have any effect on what happening with your account. 

Do you have a spare phone to pop your sim in ? It may just be an idea to try your Sim in another phone anyway and another Sim in your phone as a process of further elimination. Appreciate you've been told it looks to be your Account. 

Things can sometimes go wrong which I'm sure many accept, but then it's ultimately down to how it's put right that then counts ,and instills confidence back into the product and service. Communication is Key.

The Vodafone Community forum is monitored by Vodafone U.K. There are members of the Vodafone Tech Team who are available to respond and Help where they can. They have the Vodafone logo next to their name so a person knows they are officially Vodafone.

All posts are read by them.

Hang in there and I'm sure they'll be in touch. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AlexHollleran

Hi,

Yes, I have tried my sim in another iPhone just to check it wasn't my handset and I was still unable to connect to the data. I have also had a colleagues sim in my phone which was working fine, phone, texts, most importantly data.

The problem is 100% an error on my account. I was happy to wait for a day or two as I can understand problems do occur but this is taking far too long and also not being kept updated makes the situation even more frustrating!

Thanks

Ok so by that process of elimination you definitely know it's not an issue at your end. 

Sometimes vodafone would suggest a Sim Swap to replace the SIM card if wasn't your Account. Any Vodafone Shop can do this. 

Yes i agree Communication is Key. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @AlexHollleran

The insurance claim for your cracked screen and your data issue are totally separate and there is nothing stopping you from processing the insurance claim and getting the screen on your iphone replaced.  The best place to get the screen replaced is going direct to an Apple Store,  they will get the screen replaced a lot quicker than going through Vodafone.

As far as your data connection is concerned, it may be something simple as a restriction bar becoming enabled for your data access.  The first place to look would be your online account under bars, there is a bar for stopping all data access.  It may also be an idea to connect your phone to your itunes account to make sure the correct APN settings have been downloaded on your phone.

As you have mentioned, you tried your SIM in a colleagues phone and still had the same issues. it may be an idea to go into a Vodafone Store and get the SIM replaced.  The SIM may be working perfectly for calls and texts but when faulty, it fails to connect to all services.

In the meantime, should your data services be network related, it would give the Team something to work on if they had an example of the issue.  This can be done by completing the pro forma on the link below.

Network Issues

Hi @AnnS

I wanted to get this network issue sorted first before I start with another issue, they don't fill me with confidence in dealing with one matter, let alone two. As for going directly through Apple, the closest store to me is around 40 miles away so is inconvenient for me.

I have been on the technical team every day and each time I am asked to change the APN settings so the issue does not lie there and they have also confirmed to me there were no restrictions on my account regarding the data etc. They have also never mentioned before about a SIM swap.

I can fill in the form below but I don't feel this is going to help me at all.

Thanks

@AlexHollleran I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

It has now been a week since I posted this forum!

I received a phone call offering me a credit for 2 weeks line rental but at no point was I informed of what the problem is and I even had to inform the agent that the problem has not been issued!

I was told I would receive a call back within an hour with an update, it has now been 3 days and I have not received any call. I also emailed a couple of time and I have not received a response from that!

The level of service I am receiving is absolutely disgusting, it seems I only receive a response when I make my issue public, even then the response is minimal!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@AlexHollleran I can see that we've replied to you latest email on 21 February. 

If you would like an update regarding your issue, please reply to our email, as we're unable to discuss account specific information on the forum. 

Hi Alex,

This email has not given me any information relating to the issue I am having and more importantly has not fixed the issue.

The email was received 20th Feb and I have since then made two responses which I have had no response for.