Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

THURSO- KW14

rtclarkson
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Yet again - no signal! Update please on how long this will go on this time - weeks, months?

Not good enough - why bother to stay with vodafone - certainly no service here! People depend on phones for work and health. Website as usual is suitably vague.

Please sort this recurrent problem, NOW!

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I appreciate how frustrating it is when signal fails, fringe coverage or intermittent connection presents issues.

From looking at the first part of your postcode I cannot see any reported issues for local or surrounding masts. 

Link > Vodafone Network Checker.

Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

However in regards to signal it reports...

3G

"Indoors or outdoors getting email or an internet connection will be difficult here."

However, Vodafone Sure Signal may help to get a signal indoors.

4G

"Sorry - there are no upgrades planned in the next 3 months to improve the coverage here. Remember all our 4G devices will automatically work on our 3G and 2G networks."

Vodafone Calling over wifi may help if on an eligible tariff and phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Website: We're trying to fix a network issue which might be affecting calls coverage. It’s now being investigated. We'll update this page as soon as we know more.

Last time, which was fairly recently, it took weeks to fix.

We get 2G here only.

Vodafone Sure Signal means I'm not getting a service from Vodafone - I can use my home internet instead!

You hit it on the head, it is incredibly frustrating and makes me extremely angry that this happens so often and for so long with no helpful information from vodafone about how long this will take to fix and it often takes weeks (at best, days) to rectify. It used to be that vodafone were the recommended network here for coverage.

Rant over! Will start looking at other networks . . .

BandOfBrothers

Hi again. 

Turning off 3G and 4G to force the phone onto 2G may stabilise call quality but would adversely affect data connection. 

This is the Help information on the timescales situation. 

Why can't you give me a timescale on the fix?

May I suggest that when looking at alternatives you use a Payg SIM Card to try out Signal / speeds etc, as Network Checkers are to give an indication and is not guaranteed. 

If your phone is locked to Vodafone then this information may help in regards to unlocking it > Unlocking Page.

I wish you all the best. 

Current Phone  >

Yes I live in Thurso KW14 too.  Outage for 2 days after receiving a series of texts saying Vodafone are improving network coverage in my area.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Could anyone tell me if pathetic network network coverage and abysmal customer support is grounds for getting out of my contract early?

@woodster123 wrote:

Yes I live in Thurso KW14 too.  Outage for 2 days after receiving a series of texts saying Vodafone are improving network coverage in my area.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Could anyone tell me if pathetic network network coverage and abysmal customer support is grounds for getting out of my contract early?

@woodster123

3. Services and coverage.

a. We will provide the services to you with reasonable skill and care that is expected of a mobile telecommunication provider. However, due to the nature of mobile technology, there are a number of reasons why it’s impossible to provide a fault-free continuous service, these include:

* you move your home location into an area with no or poor network coverage;

weather conditions; 

damage to our network infrastructure and base stations 
including moving or removing base stations; 

the number of people using the network at any one time; 
when roaming, using a different network operator that does not offer the same level of service or network coverage as us; or 
other factors outside our reasonable control such as new buildings and structures being erected between you and our base stations, the thickness of your property walls or a change of your mobile equipment. 

10.Credits or termination if there is a failure of the service

If we have to maintain our network or if there is a technical fault on our network that is caused by us, you may be entitled to a partial credit of your charges (based on the number of days you are without a service) or in certain circumstances where you receive a severely degraded service for an unreasonable period of time, terminate this agreement.

To receive a partial credit of your charges or terminate this agreement, you must report to us a disruption on our network which we reasonably assess that you use frequently, the disruption is severe and is assessed against your typical usage history. In addition, no alternative means of access to our network and services must be available to you (for example, using a Vodafone Sure Signal) for you to receive a credit or terminate this agreement.

From http://www.vodafone.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/contentdocuments/vftst052330.pdf

Current Phone  >

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rtclarkson @woodster123 We've recently resolved an issue within your area on 25 November 2016 at 8.03pm. 

Your 2G services (site 4725) should now be up and running as normal. 

Apologies if you experienced any disruption. 

Check your network checker in this area and expand the map, there is TWO sites down. If its not one its the other. Come on, where is our support. We pay the same as others in the UK for 5% of the service. 

pbartlett
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
KW14 - Dunnet

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? 3 miles

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the eForum, add it to your profile here. KW14 8XF

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? None, just no reception

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? If only vodafone offered any sort of modern data network here....its 2g only here

6) When did you first notice this issue? Today

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Have lost about 21 days reception in the last 60 days

I am supposed to complete this form to resolve the fact that we only get 2g data up here when your competition offer 3g. With modern phones and apps it is impossible to do anything on 2g but Vodafone don't care.

As an aside I had a text today saying a fault was fixed whilst at work. Got home and no signal.....AGAIN! This is pathetic service

I have just been on your network coverage checker and TWO masts are down (yet again).  This seems be a daily/weekly occurance in the far north of Scotland.  We are getting a substandard service up here, yet pay the same prices are everywhere else in the UK.

Come on vodaphone, upgrade the service. I have registered for text updates previously and this was meant to be upgraded, but still it has not happened. Looks like your going to have a lot of people up here cancelling their contracts as soon as they expire!