Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

TN17 no signal

steve2017
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service? No service in the house, intermittent in the garden

2) What is the full postcode TN17 2LR

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No service

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? All

6) When did you first notice this issue? The signal has been getting gradually worse for many months.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs? Permanent.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I've had a look at your postcode via https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/uk-coverage-map/index.htm and no issues are showing local or surrounding with masts and no planned maintenence. 

When you commute away from your area is all then OK?

If not then your sim card maybe at issue which a Vodafone High street store can replace. 

If all is OK then your issues could be caused by weather conditions and or mast congestion where lots of people are accessing the masts at approximately the same time. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

All is fine elsewhere, the signal is just terrible here. But I cannot understand why it is bad now when it used to be OK. I chose Vodafone a few years ago because I got signal in my house, now I do not.

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Ok so your SIM card and phone appear to be ok with them working fine elsewhere. 

Has there been perhaps an increase in population?

As I mentioned mast congestion can play a part. Weather too , New buildings,trees growing and in rare circumstances masts removed. 

Options such as a Sure Signal that works off Home Broadband to create a 3G signal in the home will help but does cost £69 for the device. 

Another option for people on an eligible tariffs and phones is Vodafone Calling Over Wifi. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@steve2017 I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Done, thanks.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@steve2017 You're more than welcome. 

A member of the team will respond to your email as soon as they can.