main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Terrible Phone Signal

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Since I moved house six months ago I have terrible phone signal! I am considering a sure signal but it's annoying to have to pay £69 to get my existing pacjpac to work... Both my personal and work phones are on Vodafone but I'm debating changing contract. Does anyone know of itsi possible to get the signal booster provided at least at a reduced cost since the coverage is so poor here? 

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @so_hcu

I totally appreciate when signal is intermittent or non existent. 

Check what your expected to recieve via Vodafone Uk-coverage-map.

Also some tips and a template in Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

However when a person is moving home I always suggest to also check out what signal is going to be like there by using their phone when viewing the house and looking around the area. 

Every network has fringe coverage areas and Not-Spots. 

I know this sounds a little blunt but it's not Vodafones fault that you decided to move to that particular area. 

Their T&C's cover that signal isn't guaranteed. 

Don't rely on online Network Signal Checkers as they are for an indication of expected signal and not a guarantee of signal which is why I suggest using Payg SIM cards. 

Sure Signals will help resolve the issue as they create a 3g signal in the home however they would not provide a discount in this case in my opinion because of a decision made out of their control by you to move. 

I have seen Sure Signals for sale on eBay that are at less cost thsn a new one etc,  but it's crucial that these have been 100% De-Registered by the original owner for it to work for the new owner and that the Sure Signal hasn't been dormant for 12+ months as it won't ever work again. If it's been dormant for 3 months then Vodafone can remove any barring. 

Also for some Calling Over Wi-Fi is another option if their on an eligible contract and using an eligible phone. 

More info in Vodafone wi-fi-calling.

Finally if your at the end of your contract and do decide to change Networks by using a Pac to move your number to another network then as previously touched upon test out the new network in that area where you live , work and commute by using a Payg SIM card first before signing up to any long term mobile phone contract. 

If your not at the end of your Vodafone Contract Term then they will charge an Early Termination Fee. Customer services can confirm what the amount would be.

Using a Pac requires you to not give any notice to Vodafone as the account ends when your new network uses the Pac you give to them. 

If your letting the number go then you'll need to give 30 days notice to Vodafone. 

Don't cancel your Direct Debit until the final bill is paid which arrives in 2-4 weeks which is followed by a sorry your leaving letter and a £0 bill. 

I wish you all the best with this situation.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @so_hcu

Probably the best time to ask Vodafone this question is when you are upgrading, the device may well be given as a part of the upgrade. However, there is no harm calling Customer Services and asking but they may take the view that it was your choice and decision to move to an area where reception was poor.  

In the meantime, if there are going to be any improvements in the area, these will be shown on the Coverage Checker at the top of the page. 

With an eligble phone and tariff you would be able to use WiFi calling. Details below.

WiFi Calling 

View more options

Hi @so_hcu

I totally appreciate when signal is intermittent or non existent. 

Check what your expected to recieve via Vodafone Uk-coverage-map.

Also some tips and a template in Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

However when a person is moving home I always suggest to also check out what signal is going to be like there by using their phone when viewing the house and looking around the area. 

Every network has fringe coverage areas and Not-Spots. 

I know this sounds a little blunt but it's not Vodafones fault that you decided to move to that particular area. 

Their T&C's cover that signal isn't guaranteed. 

Don't rely on online Network Signal Checkers as they are for an indication of expected signal and not a guarantee of signal which is why I suggest using Payg SIM cards. 

Sure Signals will help resolve the issue as they create a 3g signal in the home however they would not provide a discount in this case in my opinion because of a decision made out of their control by you to move. 

I have seen Sure Signals for sale on eBay that are at less cost thsn a new one etc,  but it's crucial that these have been 100% De-Registered by the original owner for it to work for the new owner and that the Sure Signal hasn't been dormant for 12+ months as it won't ever work again. If it's been dormant for 3 months then Vodafone can remove any barring. 

Also for some Calling Over Wi-Fi is another option if their on an eligible contract and using an eligible phone. 

More info in Vodafone wi-fi-calling.

Finally if your at the end of your contract and do decide to change Networks by using a Pac to move your number to another network then as previously touched upon test out the new network in that area where you live , work and commute by using a Payg SIM card first before signing up to any long term mobile phone contract. 

If your not at the end of your Vodafone Contract Term then they will charge an Early Termination Fee. Customer services can confirm what the amount would be.

Using a Pac requires you to not give any notice to Vodafone as the account ends when your new network uses the Pac you give to them. 

If your letting the number go then you'll need to give 30 days notice to Vodafone. 

Don't cancel your Direct Debit until the final bill is paid which arrives in 2-4 weeks which is followed by a sorry your leaving letter and a £0 bill. 

I wish you all the best with this situation.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options
1: Seeker

Thanks for the quick and grlpfhe response. I've already chevche coverage and apparently it should be fine... Maybe it's my house! Anyway, it looks like sure signal is the way to go. Appreciate it was my choice to move so take that point, it's just frustrating that we have 3 Vodafone devices and they're all next to useless for calls. But as I can't do anything about my company contract, maybe I need to try the booster and suck up the cost. 

Thanks anyway. 

View more options

You are very welcome for my reply @so_hcu

If things are suggested as should be fine then I would still suggest to use the template I added the link to and paste your answer back here. That way the Vodafone Social Media Team will pass on this to the networking teams. 

Take care. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options