Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text messages

Kedenham
1: Seeker

Hi I am having an issue receiving text messages - I have tried my sim in 3 different phones. I can make and receive calls and I can oddly receive "corporate" text messages (from those 5 number numbers) but none from my friends and family on a range of networks including but not exclusive to Vodafone. My current phone is a Google pixel but I have also tried sim in an iPhone and a Samsung s6. The problem has persisted for over a month and I have done multiple factory resets. it is very frustrating and has caused a number of issues where people assume I have received texts and I come across as u reliable. Please let me know what I can do.. thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Customer Services on 191 can refresh your account @Kedenham

As a last resort sometimes having a Vodafone High street Store carry out a sim card can help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Kedenham

The first thing to check is you have your text messaging set up correctly and have your message centre number entered on the settings.  There is further information for you below.

How do I set up text messages?

If messaging is correctly set up, you can try a replacement SIM from a Vodafone Store, it may help.  If you continue to have issues live chat or customer services will help.