main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Texts won’t send wont send

2: Seeker

None of my texts will send I’ve looked at everything suggested to do on the forum and nothing has worked they’ve just suddenly stopped working ! My calls will go through but my texts won’t ifs not on iMessage I’ve checked the settings tried another phone everything! In urgent need of help I need them to be working for tomroow 

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
17: Community Champion

Hi @Courtneyrenouf

I assume you have enough text allowance left to send texts. 

Can you turn Off iMessage in your iPhone to try again. 

I assume your not trying to send long texts or ones with pictures in which will.convert the normal SMS to MMS which is a chargeable option per MMS and it needs a 3g mobile data signal. 

Please check your myvodafone for any relevant bars. 

It's good that you've tried your sim card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone you've been using. 

Was the other phone not an iPhone you've tried ?

As it's to all your contacts that rules out that someone has accidentally blocked your number and you accidentally blocking someone else's number. 

So if your account allowances show you have texts then possibly either your sim card is at issue or your Vodafone account is. 

A Vodafone Highstreet Store can process a Sim Swap. Please take some photo ID. 

Customer service on 191 or Live Chat can access your account to check their end and reset the account if necessary. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

IVE got unlimited I’ve tried it in 2 other iPhones I’ve tried the iMessage and mms things you said still nothing has worked 

thanks Courtney 

View more options

Hi @Courtneyrenouf

The first thing to do is to make sure your imessage is turned off, this will force the phone to send as text.

The message centre number needs to be correct, this information is found here: How do I set up text messages?

If you still have issues follow the initial checks on the thread here:  Network Issues  If you complete the proforma on the link copy and paste the results on the thread giving an example of the issue, the forum team will be able to investigate the problem and get back to you.

View more options

@Courtneyrenouf wrote:

IVE got unlimited I’ve tried it in 2 other iPhones I’ve tried the iMessage and mms things you said still nothing has worked 

thanks Courtney 

Ok @Courtneyrenouf

Sorry my suggestion to turn Off iMessage didn't work. 

As you've tried other phones it's time to ring 191 and speak with customer services. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options