main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Network queries

Unable to receive call from Virgin mobile network after porting from EE

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi, I bought Vodafone on 26 August and on 30 August my number has been ported from EE to Vodafone. However since then I cannot receive any calls from Virgin mobile network. I can receive calls from any other network beside Virgin. And I can make calls to any network including to Virgin mobile.

Person dialling my number from Virgin mobile hear long beep and gets disconnected. 

Not sure where is the problem, Any help on this will be much appreciated, thank you.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
17: Community Champion

That's not good @bickyz 

This sounds like a split port issue which is where not all the porting in files have been settled properly by Vodafone  

I'd suggest to call 191 or use Live Chat and ask for this to be escalated to the Vodafone porting in Teams and or use the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

Hi @bickyz 

If this is only Virgin numbers you are having problems receiving calls this may not necessarily be a porting issue.  If it was, you wouldn't be able to make or receive calls from any other network.

As Vodafone are now your service provider, they need to take a look at the call routing  database for your number, as this is incoming calls this may not necessarily be a Vodafone fault, but it will certainly be something the Porting Team will be able to look at and raise with Virgin.

View more options
2: Seeker

I have tried from three different virgin mobile numbers and all three cannot make calls to my number. I have spoken with the Technical Teamd and the Porting Team thrice and everytime I have been told that it will be escalated to the higher teachnical team, however it has not been fixed. Looks like the only thing I can do is to cancel the contract and move back to EE, not sure if I can take my number back.

View more options

Hi @bickyz 

If you are pay monthly the problem you are going to have is being outside the 14 day return period, not sure if Vodafone will accept cancellation but considering the circumstances you can definitely try.

However, you did only post this on Friday and not much is going to happen over a weekend.  As this is a problem with all Virgin numbers, it definitely proves it is a routing issue between Vodafone and Virgin (EE network), this could be a Virgin error and not a Vodafone fault.  It would also be worth mentioning that Virgin use the EE network and this could well be affecting receiving calls from EE.

By coming to the forum you have found the best place to quickly get this solved.  Contact the Team on the link below and they will contact you get the problem investigated and solved.

Contact Us

View more options