main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Network queries

Unable to receive calls

2: Seeker

My Grandad has been unable to receive calls for a fair few weeks now. He has tried CS and in store multiple times (including a sim swap) but he cannot receive any calls (goes to Voicemail). 

I have tried ##002# to remove any diverts and checked basic phone settings but no one seems able to resolve this issue. 

Can anyone offer any support as he is on a contract and getting extremely frustrated with the issue. 

Thank you I’m advance for any support. 

View more options
5 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

I appreciate you may have already carried out some trouble shooting tips @Toovs94

Does this issue happen everywhere ?

Is this from all callers or certain callers ?

As a process of elimination can you try the sim card in another phone and another sim card in that phone ?

Has the Highstreet Store and customer service offered up any possibilities as to what's causing this ?

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
2: Seeker

I used to work in VF retail so I tried everything I can think of. In store and Cs tried lots but to no avail. It’s everywhere and all calls unfortunately. Outgoing calls are fine, as are in and outgoing SMS. 

Very odd...

View more options

Hi @Toovs94

The new SIM rules out a SIM fault, that leaves the phone or account, most probably the account.

As you will know having been a Vodafone employee, for you to be in a position to raise this with Vodafone, you need authority over the account.  

The Team will get to the thread and should be able to advise further.

View more options

@Toovs94 wrote:

I used to work in VF retail so I tried everything I can think of. In store and Cs tried lots but to no avail. It’s everywhere and all calls unfortunately. Outgoing calls are fine, as are in and outgoing SMS. 

Very odd...

Yes very odd @Toovs94 and I understand frustrating. 

From what you write this does then sound like an account issue. 

In the interim if he's missing calls and perhaps not picking up his Voicemail then this was my situation I'd rhink about a set up a divert to another number.

Just a thought. 

I wish you both a speedy resolution to this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Administrator

@Toovs94 We'd be happy to check on your dad's account to see if there's anything preventing these calls on our end. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. If you don't have permission to speak about your dad's account, please fill out the form with his details so we're able to get in contact with him 🙂

View more options