Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VOLTE (4g calling)

Ajanni
4: Newbie

Just made several  calls over volte on my galaxy s7 running BTU firmware. It's really impressive call set up times  are a lot quicker tha 3g and clarity is very good. Although the volte symbol isn't there but rather the Wi-Fi calling symbol is, which is quite annoying i hope this gets fixed.

25 REPLIES 25

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Ajanni

voLTE is a very new feature still limited to certain handset(s) which is a Sony variant  and location(s) as far as I'm aware so I'm sure it may have such hiccups. 

Are you 100% sure it's not Calling Over Wifi your using as that model of phone isn't the one I've heard works with voLTE

I  Note you mention the "Btu" Csc Code which is a Samsung phone supplied by Samsung directly or someone has flashed that Rom onto it.

Really Calling Over Wifi should only work with Samsung phones supplied directly by Vodafone with their own version of the software on it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It's definitely volte as I even disabled wifi and the call still continued over 4g. My phone was purchased from carphonewarehouse too. Volte only started working after the latest update too not sure if that's a coincidence or not though.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Ajanni

Certainly leads to voLTE then.  :Smiling:

Carphone Warehouse supply those phones that are unlocked to all networks without any Vodafone bloatware with Samsung's firmware on and not Vodafones hence the Btu CsC code. That typically means a person can't make use of Calling Over Wifi usually. 

I purchased my Samsung Galaxy s8 from my local Samsung Experience Store so also has the Btu csc code on too. 

I can't use Calling Over Wifi but I'll certainly look out for voLTE :Smiling:

What was your most recent update ? Was it the red tint update ?

Enjoy. 

Current Phone  >

The update where the build number ends in DQ7 I left a screenshot below.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Mines slightly different which maybe because it's been supplied directly via Samsung. Screenshot_20170515-101807.jpg

When you go into....

Settings> Display > Screen Mode.

Do you see a slider to turn the screen cooler or warmer which would mean you have the latest update. 

Current Phone  >

is this working on galaxy s8 ? or the s7 ?

Can you also confirm the region where it is wokring ?

Thanks

It was working on my galaxy s7 in south london although i havent been able to make a volte call for about 24 hours so calls just go over regular 3g now. Not sure if they've disabled it in my area or are testing it because my phone was clinging on to volte for the whole night but the second i made a call it dropped down to 3g and havent seen it since.

Hi there!

With the soft launch of VOLTE in London, would a LG G5 ( unlocked version ) be able to use VOLTE once the launch of this service has been fully released.  It was purchased brand new from a company here in the UK.  Are there any other areas where VOLTE is in the stage of a soft launch?

Thank you.

Vodafone VoLTE is now live in Norfolk! I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 on BTU firmware.

As soon as I entered Suffolk I lost VoLTE access.

Screenshot_20170820-165541.png