Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VOLTE (4g calling)

Ajanni
4: Newbie

Just made several  calls over volte on my galaxy s7 running BTU firmware. It's really impressive call set up times  are a lot quicker tha 3g and clarity is very good. Although the volte symbol isn't there but rather the Wi-Fi calling symbol is, which is quite annoying i hope this gets fixed.

25 REPLIES 25

Hello!

There is a posting that Vodafone VOLTE is now in Norfolk.  I do not know if the Samsung Galaxy S7 is locked to the Vodafone network, however I am in Suffolk.  Yes, I know that I have an unlocked version of the LG G5 mobile, and I have found out that the network will be rolling out the software OTA from LG.  Is there a member of Vodafone who could advise as to what is happening?

Thank you.

Hi James,

Yes it has been switched on in Norfolk but not Suffolk. My Samsung Galaxy S7 is unlocked to all networks if that's what you mean?

Hi rasseru16

Yes, this is what I would like to know and I am gratefful of the information, however my LG G5 again is unlocked and I am trying to find out whether Vodafone will be updating the software OTA so I can use this with VOLTE capabilities.  It appears that no one at Vodafone seems to know what is happening with VOLTE, and the unlocked mobiles such as mine.  I know that Vodafone had locked LG G5 and now they no longer supply them.  Someone at the network must surely know what is happening with the highlighted situation.  It does not take much.

I have the colour balance option which allows me to adjust the red green adn blue tones/sliders. 

Uno28
4: Newbie

Is there any sign of Vodafone enabling VOLTE for Iphone 7 and Samsung S8 handsets ?

i find it very hard to understand why they have enabled the older S7 handsets yet The newer phone with near identical software Vodafone do not alllow access to VOLTE.

All other U.K. Networks have this available and seems very backwards of Vodafone especially as this was promised at S8 launch by Vodafone.

The Iphone is even stranger as this has been live on EE and O2 for many months now 

I can imagne just how frustrating it must be not to be able to access VoLTE on either the iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S8. We have to remember that Vodafone are still in their "Soft Launch" phase and as such I guess they are doing everything to make sure the nationwide launch goes as smoothly as possible for them.

During my testing of VoLTE on the Samsung Galaxy S7 the experience has been very pleasant and they have been silently launching VoLTE in more and more areas week on week to the point whole regions are getting activated so it can only be a matter of time before they open up the majority of handsets to it.

Hi, I have a Vodafone smart ultra 7 and live in Edinburgh. Not only does VoWifi not work (even though the settings were pushed to my phone after I activated WiFi and 4G calling in the My Vodafone app), but neither does VoLTE. 

I managed to use VoLTE fine in Italy with a VodafoneIT sim.

If I lock my phone onto LTE only, the phone rings a couple of times before showing "user busy". Surely my phone should work on Vodafone's VoLTE since it is an own brand device?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@amh13 As we're still in the process of rolling out 4G calling, it's not yet available everywhere in the UK on all devices. You can find a list of compatible devices here

Keep an eye out on the link for future updates. 

JamesBond
10: Established
10: Established

Hi there!

Message for Alex ( The Vodafone Moderator )

I have a LG G5 ( Unlocked ) with a sim only contract ( Unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 22 GB data ).  What will be happening with regards to my mobile?  Will Vodafone be send a software upgrade OTA?

Thank you.

Hi Everyone,

I have just transferred my contract from Small Business to Business Premier but as soon as I have restarted my phone I have received a pop up message saying "Vodafone has disabled 4G Calling on your device" and now I am not able to call over 4G anymore, is this normal? Device is Apple iPhone 7 Plus.

Many thanks

Simo