main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Network queries

VOXI on MiFi router

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I've tried a VOXI sim on my Tenda 4g router but it doesn't connect.  Voxi sag it can't be used in a router only a phone.  I thought they were the same sims.. has anyone managed to do this ?

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

This was the same thoughts years ago when people wanted to try Vodafone sim cards in a router @Unclepigg 

It should work as voxi is part of Vodafone 

I think it's all about getting the apn settings etc and any relevant permissions right in the router so it accepts the card and uses the data allowance on the sim card.

Be aware the that the data allowance may not last as kt woukd typically in a phone.

voxi-apn-settings. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Hi @Unclepigg 

There is no reason for you being unable to use a Voxi SIM in your 4g router, all that should be needed would be the correct APN settings.

The settings will be the same as Vodafone, if you are using PAYG these will be on this link: Mobile WiFi data settings 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Unclepigg Although the VOXI plans are meant to be used in this way, there is nothing stopping you popping it into a MiFi devices and use it in this way. As @BandOfBrothers and @AnnS have advised, it's all about making sure the SIM is active and getting your APN settings are correct. If you're still struggling to connect, pop the VOXI social team a message through Twitter or Facebook and we'll be happy to help.

View more options